Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL Dropout

mactell
Grafter
Fixes: 1

DSL Dropout

Hi, 

I've noticed my broadband has dropped out a number of times today due to the DSL connection. Is it possible to run a line test in the members area? Or do I need to phone up.

9 REPLIES 9
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: DSL Dropout

Sorry to hear you've had issues with your connection.

Unfortunately you can't test the line yourself but I've just tested your line for you.

It's not shown any cause for this but from what I can see it's now stable.

Hopefully it was just a blip but if the drops continue I'd recommend raising a fault here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mactell
Grafter

Hi @MatthewWheeler,

Thanks for confirming there is no fault on the line. Out of interest, would you be able to do a profile reset on my line. I'd be interested to see if my speeds increase as they never seem to fluctuate which seems to me like a stuck profile. 

Thanks!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately we can't just request profile resets on fibre as there has to be certain criteria met and in this case it wouldn't make any difference as your current profile is "0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off" which is the best profile you can get.

Your upload speeds are a bit lower than expected so it may be worth going through the steps here if you haven't done so already

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mactell
Grafter

Hi @MatthewWheeler,

Thanks for getting back to me. I thought they were a little lower. I will try the troubleshooting steps tonight but I don't think It will do anything. What sort of speeds would you expect me to get (My assumption would be 20mb, or as near as rather than 10Mbps)? If the troubleshooting steps don't work tonight, what would be the next step?

Kind Regards 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Your estimated speeds are shown below

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 78.5 55.7 20 14.8 49 Available Available --  
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 66.3 40 18.6 9.9 33.6 Available Available --

The download speeds are just within the estimates but the upload could be better

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mactell
Grafter

Thanks @MatthewWheeler. So if the troubleshooting steps you provided earlier don't work then what would be the next steps?! 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If the speeds still haven't increased we'd recommend raising a fault here

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mactell
Grafter

Hi @MatthewWheeler,

None of the steps have helped at all. Still producing the same speeds...? 

What now? I don't want to raise a fault if I'm going to be charged for it.... But I can't see how it could be anything else. My BT openreach modem is plugged directly into the mastersocket all the time. 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear you still haven't seen a increase.

With regards to the charge this is only applied if the fault is found to be internal, damage to BT equipment or if they can't find a issue.

Ultimately it's down to yourself how you want to proceed

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team