cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL Connection

rena
Grafter

DSL Connection

Would someone please be kind enough to look at the following and tell me if it is good, bad or indifferent, please, as I know nothing about computers.  Thanks in advance.
DSL Connection 
Link Information

Uptime: 1 day, 23:33:00

DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A

Maximum Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 23,402 / 19,128

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 6,656

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/GB]: 393.24 / 2.04

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / 18.0

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 15.0 / 27.5

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 29.0 / 21.0

Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / TSTC

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 65,537 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Link (Remote): 0

Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 65,547 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down): 10 / 104,640

CRC Errors (Up/Down): 483 / 50

HEC Errors (Up/Down): 11 / 195

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: DSL Connection

It may be a reporting problem but the reported error seconds are far too high and given your reported noise margin are ridiculously high
Other than that your line looks reasonable although I don't understand the reported downstream speed. (it should be 7616kbps) given the noise margin this looks like banding which would be the result of the error seconds.
I think that there may be an intermittent problem with noise on the line - do you have a Sky box
rena
Grafter

I don't have a sky box.  I've only been with Plusnet for a month and it's been one problem after another! First I could connect at all, and then slow speed.  I phoned the Bt noise number but I couldn't hear anything. Plusnet ran tests on Thursday after I raised a fault but couldn't they find anything. Thanks for replying Oldjim.  Any suggestions from anyone would be welcome. Thanks guys
Apprentice
Grafter

If you have only been with them for a month get PN to send you a new router + microfilters.
Some of the line stats data doesn't seem right to say the least, i.e. the upstream data, it needs to be compared to that taken with a new router.

To eliminate any problems with the phone wiring in the building it's a good idea to use the TEST socket if there is one within the BT mastersocket
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/socket.htm

rena
Grafter

Hi Apprentice
That's the stats when it's already in the test socket Sad
rena
Grafter

Hi again Jojo,
Could you please tell me what you think of my stats and the comments from others on them?  Also with regards to reporting the fault 39740226 do you know if they have finished - the last i heard from them was that they couldn't find anything wrong, but obviously others and in particular ME disagree that there's nothing wrong. thanks once again.