cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL Connection Down

marrabob1982

DSL Connection Down

My connection dropped suddenly over a week ago, tried every troubleshoot and tip going, nothing. Logged in to my router checked all that tried to reconnect, nothing. All it says is my DSL is down. I reported it to Plusnet, BT Open Reach have said they've checked the line upto my house and can't find a problem. I have an appointment for an engineer to get into my property next week to check. Now I've checked my sockets (haven't took anything apart I might add) I've checked internal wiring I tried another router just incase which still didn't work. Any ideas what issue is likely to be or any fix that I might not have discovered? It was working one minute then nothing. This happened a day after I paid my bill as well so not impressed I've had no service!
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 26

Re: DSL Connection Down

Does the phone work?

marrabob1982

I don't have a phone the line is just there for Internet, I might have to buy a cheap one just to try it
Community Veteran
Fixes: 26

Yes, it will help determine where the fault is, and get the right engineering people involved.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 212

Hi there @marrabob1982

First of all I'd just like to welcome you to the community forums and I am sorry to hear you are unable to connect to the internet. I've reviewed your account and I can see you've an engineer booked in for tomorrow morning.

Please feel free to let me know how this goes?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team