Did you mean: 

DNS responsiveness variability

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

DNS responsiveness variability

@CRT,
This evening I took a look at my Sam Knows broadband performance monitoring - something which I do not do regularly.  I was surprised at the DNS responsiveness plot and wondered if sharing it might help point to where in the network there might be issues.
As some will (boringly know) I have been blessed with a very stable xDSL session (now 250 days - not too far off a year ;)) during which I have had only about 5 PPP sessions.  I suspect that the marked "steps" in typical DNS response time shown in the graph below point to differing gateway connections / routing within PN's network which might illuminate what is happening.
The "transition" dates in the graphs are 10/11 Dec 14, 29 Jan 15, 11 Mar 15 - the last being the switch to my new static IP.
If this is meaningless red herrings then fine... if it helps point someone in the right direction, that's fine too!
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

1 REPLY 1
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: DNS responsiveness variability

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for this info. I'll include it when I speak to the team next.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.