Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS on HomeHub 4

peeps
Dabbler

Re: DNS on HomeHub 4

Oh well, that's not so bad! Thanks for your input! Smiley
We are allegedly getting fibre - but no stickers as yet and a question mark on the exchange checker at Connecting Cumbria. They've put the date back twice now - I got all excited when the green cabinets appeared outside our exchange (we're all connected straight to the exchange) and the fibre layers went into action. I think they've forgotten about us though - ah well, I'm sure it'll happen one day!
Thanks again
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Ah EO (Exchange Only) lines are amongst the last to get fibre.  Its a big job - your existing line has to be completely 'rerun' via a new green cabinet to facilitate FTTC installation.
Normally FTTC is 'spliced onto the existing cabinet to home (d-side) distribution wire.  With an EO line there is no existing cabinet / e-side - d-side junction to do the 'splicing'.
Do not hold your breath for FTTC!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

peeps
Dabbler

Yep... I think the initial date we were given was March...last March.... I had another look tonight, and it now says accepting orders, and to check with supplier, but no stickers on the cabinets yet. I am not holding my breath but will enquire as to availability!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Put your phone number into the DSL Checker - that should tell you if it's available and the sort of speeds you might/ought to get.
As far as your current  ADSL, I would stick with the HomeHub if it's giving you better Wireless (many people find they do) - it's also got the 5Ghz Wireless should you need it.
peeps
Dabbler

Ah, you see there lies the problem! The DSL checker only says ADSL up to 8mb is available... but the Openreach check says accepting orders, contact provider to check availability... Smiley It's said that before, then changed back to not yet available. I'll maybe leave it a week or two and watch what happens.
mav:quote
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

The Kirkbride exchange is on the list (National Service Migration Schedule) to be upgraded to ADSL2+, probably sometime in the next few months.