cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS not responding

JudyC17

DNS not responding

Hi,

Since last evening, I've not been able to get on the internet or receive or send emails on my Desktop.  I did a diagnostic check and it came back DNS not responding.  My iPad is OK, so I Googled what the message referred to,  and followed the fix tips.  Still nothing.  I went into network connections and typed in 8.8.8.8. followed by 8.8.4.4. Nothing.  I've switched it off at the mains, left it for 15 minutes, switched back on.  Nothing.  All the lights on the router are on, yet occasionally I get a small yellow and black triangle on the desktop with no internet connection.  I've checked cables, they are all secure.  I'm not a tech wizard, just someone who would like it all working again, as I am looking for work and fear I could be missing job interview emails.  Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: DNS not responding

Hi @JudyC17,

I am afraid we could not locate your account. Please PM me your account username so we can look into this for you.

Let us know on this thread once you've sent the username so we can make sure it gets picked up as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
JudyC17

Hi,

Have just PM with my username.

Regards,

JudyC17

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @JudyC17,

Thank you for sending us your account username. I've tested your line and the test has picked up a fault on the landline side. However, with us not being your landline provider we are unable to investigate this issue further from here. Please contact your landline provider and ask them to look into this fault.

Copper Line Test
Circuit ID: CBUKXXXXXXXX Service ID: BBEUXXXXXXXXX
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 25-10-2019 18:31:08
    DTR: T024
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
JudyC17

Many thanks.  Will contact BT, and see what they can do.  

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@JudyC17,

No worries. Let us know how you get on.