cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS error

MJC

DNS error

I use Google Chrome on Windows Vista and have been getting the following error intermittently but regularly (daily): Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS address.
This is happening with popular websites such as Google and Facebook and will last for around 10-15mins before seeming to rectify itself. I have a feeling it may be down to my router which I've not been happy with since day 1. WIFI is flaky and unreliable and often stops working altogether with only a reset of the router curing that issue. The router is a Netgear N150. I've ordered a new router which should resolve the WIFI issue and I'm hoping will also resolve the DNS error issue. But is there anything else I should be looking at with regard the DNS errors?
4 REPLIES 4
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: DNS error

Hi MJC and welcome to the forums. I had the same thing you describe with my TG582n Router, if you know how to, you can specify just the dns servers on 1 of your machines just to see if the resolver in you router keeps falling over etc.
Put those in just 1 machine and see how you go, then you can work on resolving the problem with the guys on here
Good luck.
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

This may help http://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/Windows-7-Static-DNS-setup.
As i said this is just to try it out for a few days, just tick the top option in the dns part to put everything back to normal.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@MJC
I'd also recommend specifying DNS, it doesn't matter whether you use our DNS as listed by 30FTTC06 or something like google's DNS servers for example:  8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MJC

Thanks for the replies chaps, I will give that a go.