cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS could not be found

bumbershoot
Grafter

DNS could not be found

Problem started yesterday. Could not connect to some sites including google, now tv and moneysavingexpert. Other sites fine. Tried with firefox and Opera. Got error code 4 and DNS could not be found message. Switched router off and on to repair. Same problem today only affecting mse, some pages on forum. Tried using tablet pc with the same result. 

Not sure if relevant. Over recent months mse has seemed sluggish between pages and the tablet I tried in the last few days has been unused and not connected for months. Could connecting this have changed something?

Cleared history files and deleted mse bookmark. Windows XP sp3

13 REPLIES 13
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: DNS could not be found

Hi bumbershoot,

Your issue may have been related to the service status thread here: http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1468840394.htm

This should be resolved now but do let us know if you're still having problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bumbershoot
Grafter

Problems AGAIN. 80% of sites time out instead of connecting. Santander, Swiftcover, Royal Mail, SSE, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Freecycle, Derbyshire BS, Photobucket. All unuseable.

This is ridiculous. After wasting a stupid amount of time trying to figure out what was wrong with plusnet because plusnet didn't think to tell its customers they had a problem and days of a useless connection there are more problems. We deserve compensation for this failure.

This site can’t be reached

login.yahoo.com’s DNS address could not be found.

savings.thederbyshire.co.uk’s DNS address could not be found.

secure.swiftcover.com refused to connect.

en.wikipedia.org took too long to respond.

www.sse.co.uk took too long to respond.

jb83

I'm having this issue as well, can't get on about 80% of sites, time outs or DNS related errors.

izzieobrien
Dabbler

Me too. Can hardly load anything. Thought Netflix was down but it's me. A few apps on my phone are working but that's it. I'm so fed up with this.
If I didn't have a year left on my contract I'd be out of here like a shot. It's not even cheap shoddy service. Sad
ATMinotaur

I'm another one affected today, started this morning.

fromage

Same here

Massively annoying

Tigger
Rising Star

Same here. Can get Facebook and Twitter, but not Plusnet. So I'm on here on my mobile! Yesterday, I was having problems with Google, but I can get that fine today. Today Ancestry is gone, so I'll have to find something else to do today
scottjh1989
Hooked

Yep, same problem with me, and it's not the first time in recent times. This must be the 3rd or 4th time this month that i have had troubles with Plusnet.

I can't get onto Wikipedia, Youtube, Outlook, BBC iPlayer and many others aren't loading.

I can't even connect to my Xbox One, and the Xbox website is running very slow.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I've rebooted router -changed DNS severs, now changed to spare router .....to find that BT/PN have a problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

How annoying is that!

moarjin
Grafter

Me too. Cannot connect to XBL. Some sites refuse to load, or load incredibly slowly. Started today.
I'musing Google's DNS btw, makes no difference.
scottjh1989
Hooked

Seem's to be working ok now, all of the sites i couldn't get onto are now working and i can log into Xbox Live again Cheesy

ATMinotaur

Seems everything is now up and running as normal for me as well. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

anthonyg
Grafter

I also had intermittent problems this morning then no internet connection at all. Now all seems ok and the sites that were loading like treacle are fine. Hopefully this one is fixed for good.