cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Problems

naughton07
Dabbler

DNS Problems

My internet connection has been dropping out like mad over the past couple of days. Every time,  unloaded web pages give failed DNS lookup errors.
I recently upgraded to a Fibre account and have a wired connection. I tried inputting manually values for DNS servers on the router configure screen but still have the same problem. Ive also tried unplugging, resetting the modem and router but this had no effect. The connection just keeps randomly coming and going.
Any thoughts guys?
4 REPLIES 4
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: DNS Problems

Have you tried alternate DNS (google, openDNS etc.)?  Have you tried setting the DNS directly in your computer?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
naughton07
Dabbler

I haven't tried an alternative DNS like google
However, i have now set the values directly into my pc and its been running fine since
naughton07
Dabbler

All was well, however, these DNS problems are now happening regularly and with no set pattern. My speeds have dropped massively since i first started getting fibre.  I raised a ticket and they seemed to find a fault so they have said they would send an engineer.
Im worried about this line. "If the fault is with your internal wiring or equipment a charge of £60 may be applied."
How is it our fault if the wiring and equipment installed by the engineer last time has stopped working properly?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

The 'warning' is just a standard thing, Plusnet have to advise that you could be charged IF the fault was found to be due to your own internal wiring or equipment (excluding what was supplied and installed by BT - the master socket, faceplate, modem).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.