cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMT forces warm restart!!!!

MrT
Grafter

DMT forces warm restart!!!!

On two occasions, DMT running on my Windows XP Home Laptop has caused my Thomson TG585v7 Router to Warm Restart.
This will not happen a third time - the software has been removed from my laptop.
You have been warned!  Angry
5 REPLIES 5
PiLoT
Grafter

Re: DMT forces warm restart!!!!

well Dimethyltryptamine is a Psychedelic drug so im not surprised
Stumpy21
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Have never had a problem with DMT.  Smiley
Are you sure it is not just the exchange resyncing, during the 10 day training period, as you question in another thread you have ?
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I remember trying this on my v7 and likewise it just caused the router to restart.
I think it only works with certain firmware on the v7.
MrT
Grafter

@Stumpy21,
I don't think it's anything to do with any possible traning period as the first time it happened I was on ADSL and not in training as far as I know.
I know that the 2nd time it happened, I had been using and just closed down Routerstats. So just maybe Routerstats leaves something behind when it closes. I've never had a problem with Routerstats itself.  Smiley
scootie
Grafter

hum, dmt an routerstats use to be my best friend on adsl and adsl2 (without the +) mainly used on the dg834 v4 again dmt an routerstats best friend but am sure i ran with the thom v7 for short period with no issues but then again that would of been the early firmwares running on that.
miss them tools an all get to do these days is hard reset the superdud an upload settings again to make it switch upstream channels to find one that is just bearable to game with.
the endless fun of messing with bt master sockets and trying to get most out of each frequency