Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM "Intelligence" Laughable

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: DLM "Intelligence" Laughable

Some documentation about the DLM is available here: DLMWorkshop_291009_material.zip
It's dated from 2009 and some of it is about the switch from 20CN to 21CN, but I don't know of any more recent documentation.
AndyH
Grafter

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Or issue 3 of that document. Doesn't really cover the how many retrains / errors is too many though. For me, 2 or 3 disconnections in a day caused no DLM changes, so I wouldn't have expected only a couple of drops to caused the DLM to raise the target SNRM. Although it is possible my router under-reports the number of errors  Wink
AndyH
Grafter

Chris Pettitt might be the one who can shed some light how the DLM works for ADSL on 21CN - he's given the best insight on FTTC so far.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It's not just the number of drops that is relevant, the number, type and frequency of errors is also relevant. Some information about the way DLM functions has not been made public. BT will regard it as Commercial in Confidence. They have also taken out Patents on various aspects of DLM.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

This seems to have been discussed many times but the exact parameters when action is taken has always been shrouded in mystery.
Either as said it's an industrial secret or it's something inherently flawed to be ashamed of.
At least Plusnet are nearly always happy to press the big red reset button.