Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM interference again

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

DLM interference again

Yet again, the wonderful BT DLM just cannot leave stable lines alone  Angry
had a perfectly stable sync of 7118 since the end of july, with no resyncs at all. Good throughput, and no issues, yet this afternoon, I noted there had been a resync, and my sync had gone up to 9157, but I wasn't sure of the target margin, as my Netgear DG834PN dosn't show this. Surfing appeared OK, so I left alone.  Tonight, surfing was choppy and sluggish, ran a speedtest, and it was very choppy, needle all over the place, and throughput was around 1800kbps.  Decided to manually reboot the router, as I checked the noise margin which was at 0.2dB, which I am assuming was making the throughput poor, as router struggling to cope ( usually around this time of night SNRM around 6-7dB) Noise margin immediately after resync as viewed through DMT is 3dB.  Having a Sync of 9157 is all well and good, but I know for certain that my line will not tolerate this, and a 6dB margin, is more than adequate for me.  Is there any way of stopping the DLM doing this, as its damn annoying.
I was on a trial that removed the DLM altogther and fixed the SNR margins, but not sure what happened to this.  I am on ADSL2+
Current stats below
9 REPLIES 9
Stumpy21
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: DLM interference again

Hi
It is possible it was not the DLM messing around.
There have been comments in a few threads recently, myself included, where disconnections and resyncs have been due to Openreach doing work at the exchange or preparing for Fibre at the cabinets.
If that is the case you may be due for a couple more resyncs before they are finished. Sad
Derek
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks
No RFS date for fibre at my exchange, I do hope that it was BT messing around, but what made me think its the DLm seeing a very stable line, and dropping the margin is that the margin at night was usually arounf 7-8dB, and now its less than 2dB. 
@Digital Care.....  Is there a ny way of fixing my SNR at all.  Dont need huge amounts of speed, just a reliable connection.  6dB would be fine if thats possible.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I can see a couple of drops around 20:35 on the 11th, things seem to be stable again now so lets hope that was just a hiccup. Let me know if things start to go south again.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Quote from: Stumpy21
Hi
It is possible it was not the DLM messing around.
There have been comments in a few threads recently, myself included, where disconnections and resyncs have been due to Openreach doing work at the exchange or preparing for Fibre at the cabinets.
If that is the case you may be due for a couple more resyncs before they are finished. Sad
Derek

If that in case, then why didn't plusnet and bt alert the customers of their exchange as planning work ongoing so we will know it the exchange ongoing work or otherwise plusnet and customers think a fault on the line.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Because they don't know about it?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Quote from: Jaggies
Because they don't know about it?

Pretty useless from BT secret! Never inform the isp's or customers of their exchange uplift and swift, or ongoing work. It seem annoying!
Stumpy21
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: goldenadsl
It seem annoying!

You are right. It is annoying. If I hadn't seen the Openreach vans I wouldn't have known about it.
By that time the damage was done -  300K download speed ! Angry
Derek
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I can see a couple of drops around 20:35 on the 11th, things seem to be stable again now so lets hope that was just a hiccup. Let me know if things start to go south again.

Thanks Adam, things do seem to have stabalised, however Plusnet profile stuck at 6meg whilst BT (88.2%) profile is at 6965.  When are plusnet going to impliment a system, to manage this new type of profile?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Penfold,
I've just upped your profile at our end to allow for the higher profile. We are making plans with how to deal with this and I have answered a number of questions over on this thread.
Jojo Smiley