Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM goes mad.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

DLM goes mad.

This is not a complaint or request for resolution, merely a question of the reliability or otherwise of DLM.

I had been running at an average 7.6Mb/s d/l for ~295 days, with an average download SNR of 15.5dB - yes I know that is high, but it was stable - until 10.04 this morning when DLM took it upon itself to 'make adjustments'.

I currently now have a download profile of 11.44 with an SNR of 6dB, which from past experience (confirmed to me by a very good BTOR SFI) is not likely to hold, and will incur numerous disruptions by DLM and the high chance of my profile dropping to something approaching 5Mb/s, followed by even more revisions until it once again reaches something in the region of 7.4/7.8, which is the max my line is holding reliably, although the same gentleman also could find no reason for the high SNR, even after spending around two hours investigating thoroughly.

BT speed test result:

BTST 1706.PNG

NOT happy..

John
1 REPLY 1
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: DLM goes mad.

I said it wouldn't last - and I was correct - see below. And the even worse news is my SNR has rocketed up to the next band - NOW I am not a happy bunny.

BTST2.PNG

John