Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM, and reducing Target SNR.

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

DLM, and reducing Target SNR.

After a few weeks of a line fault, SNR went up to 15dB.  After things were fixed, SNR has still been at 15dB for at least a month.  Have done a few reboots during this time, but still nothing.....  How long is it meant to take, or does the rediculous 21CN DLM not bother now.  If not, can I have a manual reset to 9dB??.  Line is now stable.
2 REPLIES 2
scootie
Grafter

Re: DLM, and reducing Target SNR.

It does seem to extend the time it takes for a noise margin margin change each time. Best adivce is to do no unnessary resyncs trying to see if target has droped as in all my cases the DLM droped my line to auto  change the noise margin. so the only realy thing your doing by forceing resyncing's to check is giving the (stupid) DLM reason to stick with a 15db target
as you can see from line up time ive not gone near my router since getting off a band that lasted well over a month, am making sure the DLM gets to see an excellent connection for a month. hopefully that will stick in its tiny brain in future  Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re:DLM, and reducing Target SNR.

Hi penfold,
Is that still going on? Let me know if so and I'll try and get in touch with BT for you and see what we can do. Sorry for the delayed reply.