cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM and Target SN Margin

MrT
Grafter

DLM and Target SN Margin

About a month ago, DLM increased my target SN Margin to 9dB. My current sync rate is 2976 and my SN Margin varies between 8dB and 11dB during the period 10am to 10pm. My current connection has been stable for 5 days.
My Questions:
Does DLM reduce target SN Margin for stable lines automatically and initiate a router resync or does this require manual intervention?
If the latter, how will I know when the time has come for this event to be triggered and what is the process for doing so?
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: DLM and Target SN Margin

As far as I know a change in SNR won't lead to a router resync unless it's done manually. The DLM I believe will change SNR profiles but not often, resyncing does help this and you'll get a better speed if it's done around lunchtime.
Hope that helps, if not we can manually reset the SNR and re-initiate the training period but it's best if this isn't done too often. Please keep us posted.
MrT
Grafter

Re: DLM and Target SN Margin

Matt,
Thanks for your response. I'm not in any hurry to change anything. I was only wishing to understand the process.
This afternoon, at 16:27, my router lost sync which was immediately followed by a resync at 3200 and SN Margin of 9dB.
I'm maintaining a 'hands off' approach at the moment whilst monitoring my connection via RouterStats.