Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM after noisy line

FIXED
wight3030

DLM after noisy line

Evening all,

After having noise on the line which has now been resolved, the noise had reduced my speed from 40Mb to 35.

Question is will DLM intervine after a point and put my speed back to 40? so far my line has been very table since the line has cleared.

12 REPLIES 12
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 415

Re: DLM after noisy line

It will, but it often takes some time. Did an engineer attend to fix the problem ? If so he should have requested a DLM reset.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

wight3030

The problem was fixed outside the property. in the end i didnt need an engineer.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi @wight3030 

Your current DLM profile is "0.128M-40M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off" which means it's unlikely DLM is capping your speed at the moment.

My tests are interestingly still showing a fault so we may need to arrange another engineer to investigate further

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
wight3030

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the reply and the line test. thats interesting! did the line test pin point where abouts the fault might be?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately, it's not exactly specific but it points towards an issue around the property known as an "Impairment in copper joint"

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
wight3030

Thanks Matthew,

I've done some additional trouble shooting myself to make sure its not my equipment (avoid any OR charges).

I've tried two routers, two microfilters, two ADSL cables. All of this was done in the test socket.

Won't budge past 34Mb, however its nice to hear a clear line unlike last weekend. Broadband remains stable its just the speed now.

What are the next steps from here?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for doing that @wight3030 

The tests are still showing the same issue so at this point we'd need to get a Openreach engineer out purely to investigate the broadband 

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
wight3030

Hi Matthew,

Did this go to an engineer to investigate?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @wight3030 We'd just need to arrange an engineer appointment with you to get that fixed. 

Can you let me know if you can be free in one of these slots please?

Monday to Friday
AM = 08:00 to 13:00

PM = 13:00 to 18:00

Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
wight3030

Hi Adam,

Friday PM slot would be best for me.

Have Openreach checked the line outside the property?

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

Fix

@wight3030  I've re-run the test and it's coming back clear now. 

Has has your connection been?

Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
wight3030

Hi Claudia,

My connection has been stable since the noise on the line has been rectified.

This morning i noticed that my connection has gone back up to 40Mb and the line is still clear.

I wonder if Open reach were working on the lines on a diffrent fault (which my issue might have been connected with) or DLM is operating?

Anyway, I'm happy to leave this for now. i will continue to monitor and will get back in touch if anything goes wrong.

Thanks for your help.