Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM Reset?

FIXED
Deesoh
Hooked

DLM Reset?

Hi,

Over the weekend I started experiencing intermittent drops of sync at regular intervals. I put it down to network issues with the storm and waited to see if it would right itself. When it didn't after a few days I used the online fault checker to run a line test, which came back fine. I swapped out my ADSL filter for a new one and changed the RJ11 between the router and filter and plugged directly into the test socket, which immediately solved the problem. The problem has not returned since I reconnected the NTE5 faceplate, so I assume it was just a case of a dodgy ADSL filter, or a loose wire.

My only issue now is that Plusnet DLM has attempted to correct what was a physical problem with my hardware by raising the SNR on my downstream, and lowering my sync speed as a result. I understand why companies do this, and it probably saves them a lot of time with inexperienced users (unless it's Talk Talk who use it as an excuse to steal 1/3 of your bandwidth), but in this case it was almost certainly unnecessary. 

All I'm requesting is a DLM reset, but if it's possible I'd like someone to manually set a target of 6DB on my downstream, which has always held sync fine in the past. I'm perfectly capable of monitoring my own connection and troubleshooting anything that may occur - which happens inside my premises - and using your online fault checker for the rest. 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: DLM Reset?

Fix

Sorry to hear you've had connection problems.

I've nudged the SNR target back down to 6dB for you now.

It should complete within the next 5 minutes and your router will re-sync too.

Let us know how your connection looks soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Deesoh
Hooked

Thanks, I can see that you've done that. I just rebooted the router manually, but the connection seems to be as stable as it was before the outages. 

7 - Data rate: 1253/18837
8 - Maximum data rate: 1260/20532
9 - Noise margin: 6.3/6.1

Ping statistics for 212.58.244.66:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 21ms, Maximum = 24ms, Average = 22ms

SNR looks good, ping looks good; all good. Thank you!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Looks good! Thumbs_Up

Let us know if you need any further help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet