Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM Profile / Interleave Request

FIXED
stavster

DLM Profile / Interleave Request

Dear Plusnet,

I have been running ADSL2+ for the last few months with the supplied Plusnet router at a high sync speed and stable line with an interleave depth of 1 which means fast path was enabled. 

A couple of days ago I replaced my plusnet router with my own brand and during the installation and configuration I had to reboot the router a couple of times each day until configured correctly.

As a consequence, early this morning it appears the DLM has enabled interleaving of 6.25ms on my downstream and dropped my sync rate from around 19.5 to 18.5.

Would it be possible to reset/remove this back to the profile it has been running for the last two months without issue?

Kind Regards,

5 REPLIES 5
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: DLM Profile / Interleave Request

Hi @stavster 

Your router is currently syncing at 19.7Mbps 

Whilst I can see a few drops in your connection, DLM doesn't seem to have kicked in as of yet - are you predicting that you'll need to rest your router much mroe going forward? 

Thanks, 

MoR

stavster

Hi @MasterOfReality 

Thanks for getting back to me. Making a point at the moment to leave the router running without any reboots and this will be the case for the foreseeable future. I have made all the configuration changes I needed to make a couple of days ago.

I can see from my line stats, which confirms what you said that the line is syncing at 19.7 Mb/s. However the issue is that due to replacing the router and the reboots I made while setting up I believe while DLM has not adjusted the sync rate, it has applied a level of interleaving on my downstream. Before I was getting a latency of 1.0ms in those stats until DLM forced a re-sync a few days ago, and on the previous router (Plusnet) interleaving was off in the expert settings page.

With the interleaving applied while it syncs at 19.7 its taken around a meg out of my downstream speed and increased my ping I presume due to error correction. I am hoping that fast path will return in due course automatically, but is this something you can enable from your control panel.

Regards,

Capture.PNG

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Fix

Hi @slavster, thanks for getting back to us.
Upon checking your connection I did see that interleaving was on and I have placed an order to remove this for you now. It should remove fairly swiftly and be the time you see this message it should have reflected your side. By all means if there's anything we can help you with moving forwards please do let us know.

stavster

@MasterOfReality 

Yes all good here. Changes have taken effect. Getting a higher number of error-ed seconds reported but the line is stable with no drop outs. Plus speed increased.

Many Thanks

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Great to here @stavster. I noticed very few errors before removing the interleaving so I'd suggest to monitor your side and if what ever is causing the errors effects your speeds, performance or causes drops then it may be worth running a few checks your side to see if the errors and problems with them stop.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the issues stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

Let us know how it goes and if the errors become an issue at all.