Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DG834GT (DGTeam) in bridge mode...

james26
Grafter

Re: DG834GT (DGTeam) in bridge mode...

Hi,
I've done the same with two DG834G (v4), it's a good idea to set the one in repeater mode to have a higher IP starting than your going to have on your network, under the lan ip set up of the repeater i did attached .
Note the DHCP is turned off on the repeater and I set a higher IP range starting from 8 vs the one that connects to plusnet at 1.  You might what to start at a higher IP, but I only 4 items on my home network so 8 is fine for me.
James.
00lloyd
Grafter

Ok, well I going to mess around a bit with getting the router to connect with PPPoE, as I'm sure this is where the problem lies. Maybe it might help to revert back to official firmware like you. I want to use the WRT160N for a number of reasons, the wireless N being one of them. As I said I have been trying modem only mode already, it's only just come to my attention that I need to use PPPoE on my router (but now I'm sure it's not the DG834GT that causing the problem because I got the PS3 to use PPPoE whilst it was in modem only mode and it worked), and it's just getting my ruoter to make a WAN connection like my PS3 did.
Thanks, Lloyd.
knowdice
Rising Star

You say that it worked OK with the PS3 doing PPPoE, that mean that your settings for the DG834 were correct...
I would suggest going back to the PS3 set-up and make sure that works with PPPoE then substitute the WRT160N for the PS3.
I'm on the FTTC trial with Plusnet and you have to use PPPoE with that, I notice that it can take a good 5 minutes for the system to re-authenticate if you just power cycle the router.
If the PS3 has a "disconnect" button/control for PPPoE then use that before turning it off.
There also seems to be a certain amount of "chatter" about the WRT160N and PPPoE, might be worth Googling that.
00lloyd
Grafter

Might my routers IP address be a problem, although the DG834GT is in modem mode and DHCP so maybe I'm wrong...
Thanks, Lloyd.