Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DD-WRT D-Link DIR615 problem

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

DD-WRT D-Link DIR615 problem

Bought a Dlink dir 615 for £2 off ebay and collected (not bad)
Flashed it with the correct DD Wrt firmware.  But it doesn't connect to the internet when I connect it to my Hub 4.  It shows the green globe which means it in connected to internet source but not letting me have it.  Want to use this for so guests don't use my private network.
Walkthroughs would be appreciated as DD-WRT seems complicated to set up just for internet and WiFi
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
7 REPLIES 7
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: DD-WRT D-Link DIR615 problem

What shows a green globe?  DD-WRT doesn't have a 'green globe'?  What diagnostics can you offer to help?  What does the status page show?  Did you get the DIR615 working with the original firmware to check all was OK first?
Plenty of useful info here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

The green globe is the status light on the DIR615 which is for internet.
I did instructions as per this post  http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point
and still no success.  It also interferes with my main connection so I have to disconnect from hub 4 (prob due to being on same IP pool as hub will change that.)  I will post a screen shot of main page
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Here is screenshot of main summary page
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

From the wiki
If you want a secondary router to be on a separate subnet from the primary, all you have to do is do a hard reset on your router. Set the router IP to 192.168.5.1 on the basic setup page. Set security and ssid on the wireless tab. Hit save before changing pages and hit apply when you are done. Plug the Lan cable from your primary to the WAN of the second router. You are done.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I've managed to get it to work on WiFi but not LAN but this doesn't matter as it will be available to guests and no one is going to want to connect via cable.  In the pickle of trying to sort out the WiFi hotspot so other people have to pay to use.  If I choose this option, do I get the funds or the hotspot host?
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

The green globe tells me your trying to use the wan port which is not assigned  as a lan port.
You can use any port by the way, the wan port can also be assigned as a lan port if your trying to use the router as an access point of course!
Check out the pic below.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I've fixed all of my issues.
The WAN port is the port where the ethernet cable goes into from any LAN port on the hub 4
My Hotspot has been set up.  But issue i'm facing now is that if connecting from iphone to hotspot it gives an error when you click connect within the hotspot landing page.  I am taking this matter to the hotspot provider