cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DACS - 5 weeks since order and still no Broadband.

howneale

DACS - 5 weeks since order and still no Broadband.

Can anyone help on here as Customer Services seem to be on a permanent lunchbreak. I placed a Broadband order April 1st, and it was found the line had a DACS splitter on it on April 4th, which requires removal. Well here we are 5 weeks later and still nothing, simply emails giving the meaningless your order has been returned to the delayed orders team. How does this help at all? Anyone on here able to help out please?
3 REPLIES 3
x47c
Grafter

Re: DACS - 5 weeks since order and still no Broadband.

A DACS splitter was a way of getting one physical line pair to serve two end users at the same time (not to be confused with the even older party line)
So there was an electronic gizmo at the exchange and another matching gizmo up the pole adjacent to the houses served.
It was done when there was a shortage of line pairs at a particular distribution point.
You cannot have a broadband on a line served by a DACS.
The line must be  de-DACS 'd first.
That means BT has to find another line pair from "somewhere" to serve the distribution point that serves your house.
Where they find it from maybe is indeed a problem.......hence the 5 weeks if it is going to require digging and new ducting to pinch a connection from somewhere else.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi howneale,
Sorry to hear of your delay, as you're aware we need to remove the DACS from your line to be able to proceed with the activation of your broadband. When you've received the email stating that your order has been returned to the delayed orders team, this is our system taking your ticket off hold and requiring an update from ourselves. This instigates us to chase this which we are daily although I can see you're still awaiting a response which I'll get picked up and keep you updated.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Worth noting that this isn't a Plusnet issue. No matter which ISP you went with the DACS has to be removed and that includes ISPs with their own equipment in the exchange such as TalkTalk or Sky. The only other option would be if Virgin cable is available as that isn't delivered over your normal telephone line.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)