cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer support seems to be on Holiday

LenAsh
Grafter

Customer support seems to be on Holiday

Hi - could someone at PlusNet please prompt CS to resolve/look at/answer Question #88426941
This is now 2 weeks old, with a fruitless engineer visit 8 days ago and no PN response of any worth since.
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Customer support seems to be on Holiday

We've got your responses back on the ticket. It can take up to 48-72 hours for the further testing to be completed. Please bear with us.
LenAsh
Grafter

Surprisingly, PN have requested another engineer visit.
I'm at a loss as to why this is necessary - the first engineer visit revealed that the "hardware" was all fine and that the throughput problem in the evenings was a fault elsewhere in the network.
Since there is no fault between the cabinet and my home, what possible purpose would I need to waste another day?
LenAsh
Grafter

Some more evening throughput "evidence"
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've tested your line and can't identify anything remotely that could be causing the problem you're experiencing. Our suppliers have also checked remotely and also can't see anything.
The engineers we send out aren't there just to check that the internal equipment/hardware is working as it should do, they should also be checking the Openreach Network issues too. From our point of view, we can't do anything remotely, changes/improvements can only be made by an engineer - this is the reason we've had to take the decision to book a further visit.
LenAsh
Grafter

Second engineer visit, same outcome and conclusion. The BTO helpdesk claim that the problem lies with the "CP" and is the result of severe congestion at peak times.
I have answered the ticket as required.
LenAsh
Grafter

I've accidentally closed the ticket... please reopen.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for letting us know what has happened with regards to the engineer visit.
Unfortunately we can't re-open the same ticket once it has been closed. I've created Ticket: 89348076 and have linked it to the closed ticket, it back with the Faults Team for further investigation.
LenAsh
Grafter

Hi - this has been open without any obviious sign of resolution for over 3 weeks now, with 2 engineer visits during that time.
I have tried to call a couple of times without success (excessively long waiting time).
Can someone please update me without too much further delay,  preferably with a fix.
Thanks
LenAsh
Grafter

This is becoming a joke. Support has just asked me to do everything again. From scratch - connect to modem etc. engineer visit necessary etc. Chris Pettit linked them to the old ticket and they clearly haven't bothered to look at it.
Could someone take this seriously please.
[mremoved] was the respondent if that helps.
dick:csa