cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service???? I don't call it service.

peeeeedorf

Customer service???? I don't call it service.

Until now I have been a very happy Plusnet customer. I have recommended Plusnet to my Parents who have also been very happy.
THEN they had a problem....that's when my problems started!!  I deal with phone lines in my job so I have a little knowledge of broadband.
I contacted customer service for my parents and spoke to a nice lady....I didn't realise how rare this was (speaking to someone).
I had already done all the checks I was asked to do but I do understand some people wouldn't have done so.
THREE days later I got an email asking me to carry out the tests I had already carried out before and during my call to Customer Service.
I replied to the request and mentioned that 20 minutes on hold was a joke. The comment was ignored.
Today so far I have been on hold for 30 minutes and I am getting a little annoyed, to say the least. Both my parents and I have completed our 12 month contract perhaps I need to start looking for a new ISP and phone provider.
COMMENTS?
13 REPLIES 13
Olifran
Grafter

Re: Customer service???? I don't call it service.

Maybe just unlucky. They have been really helpful with my problem.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

What was the problem, you don't say  Undecided
Did you go through one of the faults procedures? They record the tests done and when  Smiley
do you have a ticket number  Roll_eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
peeeeedorf

The problem was, and still is, incredibly low (sub 0.2 Mb/S) download speeds virtually constant disconnections (maybe intermittent connections would be a better way of describing it!).
BT speedtest was used BEFORE i contacted PN. I had totally disconnected all phone lines from the master socket, I had changed the router and micro filter and told the C Services rep this. She then ran some tests, asked me to connect to the test point on the master socket and change the router and micro filter!!! I patiently explained (again) that I had already done this.
THREE days later I get a text and the qusetion has been answered. With a request to connect to the test point on the master socket and change the router and micro filter!!! I patiently explained (again) that I had already done this.
Two days later, after TWO attempts to get through on the phone, I got a reply saying all was well. I phoned my Mother and she ran a speed test ....7.95 Mb/S and 42 S ping time....WAHOOO sorted!!
Until the next morning........back to 0.2 Mb/S and 2400+ mS ping time.
35 mins on the phone until I get to speak to someone who accesses the account, sees I have responded to the question explaining the situation and virtually tells me there is nothing he can do but that I must wait another 72hrs (up to) before I have have an answer.
To be honest, at home I have never had an issue and even when I had a router problem it was sorted within 3 days (that was the delay for a new router to turn up), so I am not totally anti PN. I do think that for a company that advertises a great service 55 minutes on the phone before a human voice is heard is a little excessive.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Quote from: PeterLoftus

Did you go through one of the faults procedures? They record the tests done and when  Smiley
do you have a ticket number  Roll_eyes

My point is the fault procedure you do by yourself on the web and it is dated and all your input and their replies are properly recorded. Nowhere for them to hide.  Roll_eyes
All the verbage in the world is not going to progress your case as you have found. Waiting on the phone you are only winding yourself up  Cheesy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
CX
Grafter

As PeterLoftus has indicated, you shouldn't need to hang on the phone for hours.
When I had a line fault last year, I raised it through the online faults procedure, updating each other via tickets and if we ever spoke on the phone, it was Plusnet calling me to discuss progress.
dfunked
Grafter

Plusnet have always been a pleasure to deal with in my experience. They've pretty much always responded to questions in a timely manner, and have always brought them to an agreeable conclusion.  Some questions have needed a couple of chasers, but that's to be expected really (I'd be amazed if there is an ISP out there that's any different!)
There are delays when calling, but just stick it on speakerphone and go about your business, or preferably just use the ticket system instead!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@peeeeedorf
I'm sorry for the wait times you've experienced, I'd advise bookmarking this page that shows call centre stats in case you need to call us again: http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212
I'll pass some feedback about the fault checks being asked for a second time.
Feel free to give me a shout if you have any further difficulties dealing with this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
peeeeedorf

OVER A WEEK STILL limping along when we have a connection!

SERVICE DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH...      O2 here I come.
Force9Original
Grafter

Quote from: peeeeedorf
    O2 here I come.

If there is a fault it will just follow you who ever the ISP is. ( Be* is far better than its o2 parent btw)
Post some line stats up see if any thing stands out.
cheers f9o
peeeeedorf

Whilst the fault may follow, O2, BE or any of the others may actually care!
It is now over 10 days.
It seems to take at least 2 days before you get a response if you post any thing on the question.
I AM REALLY LOSING FAITH IN PLUSNET.
TheIslander
Grafter

Quote from: peeeeedorf
Whilst the fault may follow, O2, BE or any of the others may actually care!

I would doubt that for an instant. Their mobile phone operation is not that brilliant.
The problem is with all ISP's is BT Openreach. They are not a customer facing company so they not too worried about the likes of us. Similar to Network Rail on the railways. They own the infrastructure upto and including to the test socket. So if anything goes wrong it's their call. If they take their time Plus Net can chase them up but they cannot force them to go any faster. 
The only way is to have cable then it by passes them.
Also note O2 is an LLU operator so leaving them could be complicated if you have issues and decide to leave. I was with Talk Talk and thanks goodness that the transfer went smoothly. If O2 put on on IPsteam you could end up paying a lot more. So checking Sam Knows might be a good idea.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It looks like your profile has jumped back up to 8400 as of the evening on the 18th and is still there, are things still running slowly for you and/or are you still seeing disconnections?
peeeeedorf

TBH I didn't check it last night.
I have been relying on my phone. 3g is not too bad when tethered to the laptop but my data usage has taken a hammering.
I will check it tonight when I get back from work.
The response from the faults team to my posts is more the issue than the fact I haven't had a broadband service.
I have had better responses here.
WE WILL SEE TONIGHT!!! I won't tempt fate by thanking anyone just yet!!