Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service or Customer Torture?

blahblah
Grafter

Customer Service or Customer Torture?

**** 24 HRS SINCE PLUSNET DELETED MY ACCOUNT & YEARS OF EMAILS ****
TL,DR: Plusnet tortures customer, deletes all emails, deletes account and tries to put blame on customer
Over the past month...
- Offered Fibre, checked availability, placed order
- Told fibre not available, order cancelled
- Ordered broadband connection for 75 yr old mother, me paying, me the contact, router to be delivered to me
- Ask for help with a problem on my own router, got on the ticket (not-so)merry-go-round
- One week and many tickets later told they couldn't help but would send a router for testing
- Router intended for me send to my mother's house (several hundred miles away)
- Router intended for my mother turns up at my house as request but one day after line went live
- Discovered my account type changed to fibre and had been charged £16 (no fibre installed)
- Ask for refund and for account type to be changed back
- Offered plusnet type account, asked for original account type
- Yesterday 13:30 get phone call re acc type, inconvenient time so PN person said would post details for me to review
- 13:45 severals emails saying *I* had deleted my mailboxes, followed by...
- Another email saying "broadband product change now complete", followed by...
- My broadband disconnected
- All afternoon on phone doing, as requested, same test over & over again with same result (<<< definition of INSANITY!!!)
- PN claiming router/line problem, repeatedly told I may be charged £60 even though I repeated told them it was an account/authorisation problem
- Told to turn router off at 15:45 for 1hr and 5 minutes, conveniently give PN plods time to pack up and go home
- Turned router back on at 17:30... still no connection
- Around 6:30pm told nothing could be sone until 9am this morning, surprise, surprise!
- Realised late last night I could log in on my mothers account thus proving no router/line problem (but risk running up her usage before she's even use it)
- No updates from PN by 9:30 so I called them again, yet another ticket raised, told Adam Walker would call this morning
- 12:00 still no connection, no call
- Get update: "Unfortunately we are unable to recover your old mailboxes, and these will need to be set up again"
(years of emails, no mention of back-up's, PN seem to think this ok because their T&C's say so!)
- 12:30 Still no connection/call/update
- 13:07 Txt claiming can only have plusnet type account
@PLUSNET: I WOULD LIKE MY ACCOUNT INCLUDING EMAIL RESTORED TO AS IT WAS BEFORE YOU MESSED IT UP.... PLEASE!!!
- 13:07 "Dear Mr XXXX, I tried to call you today but there was no answer." - LIE!
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Customer Service or Customer Torture?

Duplicate post removed
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

- Ask for help with a problem on my own router, got on the ticket (not-so)merry-go-round
- One week and many tickets later told they couldn't help but would send a router for testing

It's not that we can't help, we needed you to try another router to eliminate the issue as so far I'm aware from speaking with you that you've tried two of the same make and model of router which display the same issue with ARP requests. With that in mind can you confirm you received the router I sent, if you've tried it out and if you saw the same symptoms repeated please? just to clarify that's the issue I've been helping with so far, I apologise for being unable to give you a call yesterday but did try you on Monday. Moving forwards I will try and contact you by phone this afternoon but I'm going to take some time to look at the other issues you've mentioned (the main one being as I see it your problems with trying to connect to broadband).
- 13:45 severals emails saying *I* had deleted my mailboxes, followed by...
- Another email saying "broadband product change now complete", followed by...
- My broadband disconnected
- All afternoon on phone doing, as requested, same test over & over again with same result (<<< definition of INSANITY!!!)

So far I can see that it's obviously the change back to the "Broadband Your Way" account type which has caused the problems with your mailboxes and connectivity, I'll look into this issue too for you as mentioned and will get in touch ASAP.
Around 6:30pm told nothing could be sone until 9am this morning, surprise, surprise!
- Realised late last night I could log in on my mothers account thus proving no router/line problem (but risk running up her usage before she's even use it)
- No updates from PN by 9:30 so I called them again, yet another ticket raised, told Adam Walker would call this morning
- 12:00 still no connection, no call

Apologies again, you really should not have been advised that, up to know I've been dealing with the issue relating to ARP requests, the agent that took your call last night didn't read the ticket properly and seems to have assumed that you need to speak to me about the other issues, that's going to be fed back to their manager.
In summary do let me know what I've asked about the Thomson router I've sent and I'll go away now and look into what's happened and what needs to be done to resolve the problems with your account.
I'm sorry that you've hit these issues within such a short space of time, with that in mind I'll make sure we give you a gesture of good will after the current issues have been resolved.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
blahblah
Grafter

blahblah
Grafter

No, Adam, you *should* of been made aware of the latest problem 9am this morning and you *were* made aware of them ~10am when you were IRC'ing with first line support while I was on the phone with them.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for your time on the phone just now. I'm sorry with regards to your call to us last night, as mentioned you should never have been advised that in the first place as the agent that took your call should have dealt with that issue there and then.
As mentioned we're working to fix your account now and restore the mailboxes and messages therein, that should be done this afternoon all being well.
I'll continue to keep you updated.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
blahblah
Grafter

I'm happy to report that my account & email have been fully restored. Thanks!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I hope you are going to back up all your emails - it is never a good idea to rely on a single point of storage