Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom PC "Best Internet Service Provider" Award

xblade
Grafter

Re: Custom PC "Best Internet Service Provider" Award

Quote from: MikeWhitehead
The original topic was not about your previous bad experiences with PlusNet, but infact congratulating them on recieving the Best ISP award from CustomPC. His post wasn't off-topic from your post, but actually the original purpose of the thread.
Previously in this thread staff have offered their assistance in fixing this issue for you to keep you with them. I think it would be a good idea to discuss this with those in question if you would prefer to stay with PlusNet and have these things fixed (the majority of ISPs wouldn't give this sort of help so directly without needing to run round in circles) Smiley

Hi Mike
Not wanting to cause a problem, but I was responding to the topic, but Barry was making some reference to a joke about 'disgruntled customers' and 'pigs'
Forgive me, but perhaps I missed the link or joke some how?Huh
Actually there are other ISP's who do offer a brilliant service to their customers; I have found one!
Simon
astarsolutions
Grafter

Barry was making some reference to a joke about 'disgruntled customers' and 'pigs'

The joke was about the word 'disgruntled', nothing to do with customers.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

As astarsolutions has pointed out, he was referring to the word 'disgruntled'. Pigs grunt, a mute pig is 'disgruntled'. It was only a bit of word play, nothing against customers in the slightest (hence he said it was off-topic).
xblade
Grafter

Quote from: PJ
He was not comparing you to a pig or wishing to offend- he was sharing a light moment about the word disgruntled.
dis-
pref.
   1. Not: disjugate.
   2. Absence of; opposite of: disorientation.
   3. Undo; do the opposite of: dislocate.
   4. Deprive of; remove: dismember.
grunt     
–verb (used without object)
1. to utter the deep, guttural sound characteristic of a hog.
2. to utter a similar sound.
3. to grumble, as in discontent.
Presumably leading to Barry's joke about a mute pig.
It was in fact James who first used the word disgruntled. Customers were not mentioned anywhere in Barry's post.

Hi
It is often difficult/fraught to post on some of these forums for fear of things getting out of hand
I did not think Barry was being disrespectful or rude to me directly, but I was just confused by the comment in relation to my post
Thanks again
Regards
Simon
xblade
Grafter

Quote from: James_H
Now all that is sorted - can we get this back on topic please guys - save any future confusion.
In case anybody had forgotten, the thread is titled "Custom PC 'Best Internet Service Provider' Award"
Grin

Phew! Thanks James
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

woot woot, go team! So cmon, where's the next award? Tongue
zubel
Community Veteran

Eek!  sorry that my post was interpreted as such!  - PJ hit the nail on the head with his interpretation.
Next time, I'll think a bit more before posting  Embarrassed
Anyway, gogo Plusnet!
B.
Ianwild
Grafter

Quote from: James_H
Now all that is sorted - can we get this back on topic please guys - save any future confusion.
In case anybody had forgotten, the thread is titled "Custom PC 'Best Internet Service Provider' Award"
Grin

Awww. I wanted to know what the joke about a Pig was?
<hides>
Ian