Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom PC "Best Internet Service Provider" Award

LiamM
Grafter

Custom PC "Best Internet Service Provider" Award

http://community.plus.net/comms/2007/09/26/plusnet-wins-another-award/
Wooo... 🙂
Well done PlusNet!  Many more to come I hope.
22 REPLIES 22
James
Grafter

Re: Custom PC "Best Internet Service Provider" Award

Liam,
I already posted this here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1808.0.html
We're obviously extremely excited by this award.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Congratulations Smiley Already commented on the blog hehe.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Congratulations, just think what you could have achieved without all the problems of the past year! Keep up the good work.
LiamM
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Liam,
I already posted this here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1808.0.html
We're obviously extremely excited by this award.

Yes, I know.  But I couldn't reply to it!
John_Essex
Grafter

xblade
Grafter

Wish I could add my congrats, but I found Plusnet a very poor service, especially CS and so left after 3 years
Since moving  to ADSL24, I have found a marked improvement in my broadband experience, esp customer support and speed; gaming is much improved
Simon
James
Grafter

I think in honesty, there will always be disgruntled customers.  Be they suffering from a long standing fault, delays in provisioning, often caused by BT.  Our job i to ensure that a solid level of expectation is made and that the number of disgruntled customers is as few as possible.
I'd be interested to hear what your complaint was though.
xblade
Grafter

I think in honesty, there will always be disgruntled customers.  Be they suffering from a long standing fault, delays in provisioning, often caused by BT.  Our job i to ensure that a solid level of expectation is made and that the number of disgruntled customers is as few as possible.

Hi Jameseh
I love the way you put it across ie "disgruntled customers". Sounds a bit like we are a nuisance.
Problems: Now about emails lost, speed issues - slow even with PAYGo account- have noticed a big difference since moving, especially with gaming and speed tests show a least 1-2mb faster than when I was with Plusnet; masses of spam - something I do not get with ADSL24 and poor customer support was a real problem for many customers, this is also something that is amazingly prompt, efficient and helpful with ADSL24
I was one of the customers who stood by you when you kept promising change. I saw how Plusnet treated customers who, when they expressed how they felt about the poor service being offered to them, where treated in quite an off-hand manner
I was also 'worn down' by the forums, which were mostly filled with complaints by "disgruntled customers"
I still have a business account and here I notice speed issues i.e. downloading at 15kbs is not something to be proud about.
Why have I not moved this as well YET?
Mainly because it is a large website with loads of email accounts etc, but I am now also thinking of moving to ADSL24 with this as well.
So, perhaps that helps you to see why a loyal, low user customer decided, 'enough was enough!'
Thanks
Simon
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: xblade

Hi Jameseh
I love the way you put it across ie "disgruntled customers". Sounds a bit like we are a nuisance.

No customer who has a valid complaint can ever be seen a nuisance. It ain't good that you've had a bad experience during our 'sour year' but I'd like to think that we could sort out any immediate problem you have now with any accounts you have left with us.
Problems: Now about emails lost, speed issues - slow even with PAYGo account- have noticed a big difference since moving, especially with gaming and speed tests show a least 1-2mb faster than when I was with Plusnet;

Emails lost of late can only be due to the 24 hours under the critical path implementation we rolled. If you can elaborate further then I'd be happy to comment.
masses of spam - something I do not get with ADSL24

Yep, the spam incident was nasty but again, there's a good possibility we'd be able to help rectify (or at least alleviate) some of it.
and poor customer support was a real problem for many customers, this is also something that is amazingly prompt, efficient and helpful with ADSL24

This comment concerns me. I take pride in our customer support. We've started picking up the awards again now so if there's anything that you think we're still doing badly then please let us know.
I was one of the customers who stood by you when you kept promising change. I saw how Plusnet treated customers who, when they expressed how they felt about the poor service being offered to them, where treated in quite an off-hand manner

Again, this is something I'd definitely like to disassociate ourselves with. If you've a problem then we'll try our best to listen and resolve it.
I still have a business account and here I notice speed issues i.e. downloading at 15kbs is not something to be proud about.

Downloading what? Also what does a BT Speedtest tell you?

Hopefully you won't need to. I'd like to think you'll give us the opportunity to try and resolve your problems?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

James
Grafter

Simon,
Thanks for your reply.
By no means whatsoever am I trying to suggest that 'disgruntled customers' are a nuisance.  To be fair, if everyone was happy, I probably wouldn't have a job!
If people have difficulties with a service then it is our responsibility to fix.  This isn't a nuisance.  It's about us doing our jobs more effectively and efficiently. Which is what we are aiming for and what we must continue to do so.
zubel
Community Veteran

<offtopic>
I'm sorry, I have to chuckle every time I read/hear the word 'disgruntled' as it reminds me of a joke about a mute pig.
</offtopic>
B.
xblade
Grafter

Quote from: Barry
<offtopic>
I'm sorry, I have to chuckle every time I read/hear the word 'disgruntled' as it reminds me of a joke about a mute pig.
</offtopic>
B.

Hi
rather confused by your 'off topic' item
could you please refrain from doing so, especially in relation to a serious customer comment
thanks
Simon
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

The original topic was not about your previous bad experiences with PlusNet, but infact congratulating them on recieving the Best ISP award from CustomPC. His post wasn't off-topic from your post, but actually the original purpose of the thread.
Previously in this thread staff have offered their assistance in fixing this issue for you to keep you with them. I think it would be a good idea to discuss this with those in question if you would prefer to stay with PlusNet and have these things fixed (the majority of ISPs wouldn't give this sort of help so directly without needing to run round in circles) Smiley
xblade
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
Quote from: xblade

Hi Jameseh

No customer who has a valid complaint can ever be seen a nuisance. It ain't good that you've had a bad experience during our 'sour year' but I'd like to think that we could sort out any immediate problem you have now with any accounts you have left with us.
Problems: Now about emails lost, speed issues - slow even with PAYGo account- have noticed a big difference since moving, especially with gaming and speed tests show a least 1-2mb faster than when I was with Plusnet;

Emails lost of late can only be due to the 24 hours under the critical path implementation we rolled. If you can elaborate further then I'd be happy to comment.
masses of spam - something I do not get with ADSL24

Yep, the spam incident was nasty but again, there's a good possibility we'd be able to help rectify (or at least alleviate) some of it.
and poor customer support was a real problem for many customers, this is also something that is amazingly prompt, efficient and helpful with ADSL24

This comment concerns me. I take pride in our customer support. We've started picking up the awards again now so if there's anything that you think we're still doing badly then please let us know.

Again, this is something I'd definitely like to disassociate ourselves with. If you've a problem then we'll try our best to listen and resolve it.

Downloading what? Also what does a BT Speedtest tell you?

Hopefully you won't need to. I'd like to think you'll give us the opportunity to try and resolve your problems?

Hi Bob
Thanks for your reply. Sorry that I am not replying to individual comment/quotes in your reply to me, but have not worked out how to 'grab' each comment in a quote box
Many of the comments that you have made relate to recent problems that customers have been experiencing i.e. with lost emails, spam problems etc
Customers were experiencing these problems; sometimes on a much larger scale, long before this
When I looked at the forums and see the continuing issues, well it only confirmed that I made a good decision by moving to ADSL24 in April 07
You mention the "sour year', but to be honest I and many other customers began to notice the declining Plusnet service issues after my 1st year as a customer
I don't really want to go over the same ground, as it does not serve any real purpose. But I was sad to leave Plusnet at the time, but felt I had given enough of my custom and patience to Plusnet
I did find many of the mods on the forums extremely helpful though, which I was grateful for
Thanks again and good luck with your improvements for customers
Regards
Simon