cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current line speed

clv101
Dabbler

Current line speed

I've been on the trial for months and since I live only ~150m or so from the exchange the line conditions are fantastic and I sync at the highest rate with good noise margin...
This was until Monday when there was a physical fault on my pair (they shorted)  BT has now swapped me onto a different pair and the line's working again.
However Plusnet new reports my "Current line speed" as 13000 and my router is syncing slower than it should be (15323 kbps).  It's reported a line loss of 7 dB and a noise margin of 23.1 dB so should be doing much better.
Can PN increase my line speed back up to max?
2 REPLIES 2
scootie
Grafter

Re: Current line speed

the 21cn DLM should bring your noise margin target back down on its own. could be days or weeks but unlike 20cn it dosent take months any more.
and the current rate your profile is thats 5-6 fold increase on mine on 21cn and i would chew my right arm off for that
ashgeo
Grafter

Re: Current line speed

I'd chew my right arm off for a quarter of that line speed! Living at the end of a BT Backwater 63Db loss and 6Db SNR 632Kbps sync on DSL Max (was 1500kbps when first connected), oh if only! Fingers crossed for a slight improvement on ADSL2+ when my ticket gets processed and then hurry up FTTC.....