cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current line speed problem

ajbrown1965
Grafter

Current line speed problem

About 10 days ago my connection reset, and my IP profile dropped from 5.5Mb to 4.5Mb. Plusnet 'Current Line Speed' immediately followed suit. After about 24 hours the connection reset again and the BT IP profile went up to 5566. After eight days the Plusnet 'Current Line Speed' is still at 4.5Mb and I can't get a download speed higher than 4500. How long should it normally take for PN to catch up with BT, or could someone at PN nudge my profile up for me?
8 REPLIES 8
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Current line speed problem

Hi ajbrown1965,
I have lifted your profile to 5500 to match your BT IP profile. This should take effect in the next 15 minutes.
Jojo Smiley
shuffle
Dabbler

HI Jo - could you have a look into my current line speed for my fibre boradband. It's dropped from 14 to 11.2 in recent weeks.. and my upload speed has dropped too very recently, which im more concerned about - from 1.5mb to 1.2mb.
Can you please nudge my profile too?
Best Regards
Mark
ajbrown1965
Grafter

Thanks Jojo, all sorted now.
ajbrown1965
Grafter

The same thing has happened again. 7 days ago my IP profile went up to 6487 (the line is recovering from a major fault and I think is still in its training period) but the current line speed with PN has stayed at 5.5. Can someone give it a nudge for me, and also possibly see if there is a reason why it isn't following the IP profile, which it used to do within 72 hours. Funny how it will follow a drop in the profile in a matter of hours!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've upped your profile to 6400 to match, hope it helps Smiley
Not sure why it's not following the profile though we've not had an update since the 24th November so it's likely we haven't received any new reports. Have you resynced the connection recently?
ajbrown1965
Grafter

Many thanks Matt, up to speed now.
I've done a disconnect - reconnect on the router a couple of times but not actually restarted the router since some time in November. I'm very loathe to as the problem I've been having is losing the BB connection completely for up to 48 hours for no apparent reason, and I don't really want to risk restarting the router in case that causes another loss of connection. PN have been looking into the problem but by the time BT get to doing any tests the line is up and running again. Murphy's Law!
BTW, my download SNR margin is set at 6.0, but it rarely goes above 3.0 and quite regularly runs as low as 1.5. Should I be concerned about this when things are working OK? There is absolutely no noise on the phone side of the line.
Thanks again,  Alan
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Glad to hear things have speeded up for you. Regarding the SNR, I wouldn't say it's anything to worry about unless the connection does start dropping again.
Hope that helps, if there is anything else we can do please let us know.
ajbrown1965
Grafter

Thanks!