Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current line speed: 7.15 Mb

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Current line speed: 7.15 Mb

Hi,
I have two broadband accounts (Free-Online and Plusnet) at different addresses that  I manage show the above Connections line speed.
Free-Online usually syncs at about 3500 Kbps and Plus Net around 2500.Kbps.
Is this something I should be worried about?
Dan
7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Current line speed: 7.15 Mb

Hi there,
It's perfectly normal for different lines at different addresses to sync at different speeds, and certainly isn't anything to worry about. The sync rate depends on a number of things, but mostly the length and quality of the wiring between the phone exchange and the property - hence why two different addresses can have different sync speeds.
Hope that helps explain.
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Matt,
I didn't explain my issue correctly. sorry  Embarrassed
When I login to the members centre and check connection speed it reports both my addresses Broadband connection speed at 7.15Mb, should this not really be the line speed I am syncing at ?
Dan.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah, I'm guessing they've both been installed fairly recently? All accounts with the 20CN service (up to 8Mb) are by default set to 7150 on provision as that's as fast as a line can go on 20CN. They'll stay like that until we get an updated profile from BT, at which time they'll adjust to match the profile on BTs side of things. I suspect as I said that these lines are recently installed and we haven't yet had an update on the profile from our suppliers - when we do you should see that sort itself out.
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Well!
The free-online account has been installed 10 years and the plus net account 12 months.
They have been correct in the past and have been wrong now for a few months. Maybe an update from BT is required.
Dan
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right... nothing to do with that then  Embarrassed
I've updated the profile on the free-online account, that's now set correctly (looks like that was changed to 7150 as a result of a problem we had, sorry about that). Can't find the plusnet account though, any chance you could PM me the username or post a ticket ID in this thread and I'll look at that and make sure it's set correctly too?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the PM, it was the same deal with that second account - sorry about that. It's been updated to 2000 to match the profile on BTs side for you, hope that helps.
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Matt,
many thanks for your assistance  Smiley
Dan.