cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current fault response time

ardiff
Dabbler

Current fault response time

I logged a fault with my ADSL 3 days ago, but have yet to see evidence of any testing or anyone picking up the ticket. Is this normal?
10 REPLIES 10
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Current fault response time

Our faults team aim to respond to them within 72 hours but at the moment they're a little behind.
I'm picking this up for you now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ardiff
Dabbler

I appreciate your efforts, Matthew, but it's now 12 days since I first reported a problem and I'm still seeing speeds reported in bps - forget about Mbps - and interference from any router I connect is making my phone line unusable. It's no comfort to know support are a little behind when I'm paying for a service I simply haven't been receiving these past 2 weeks.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

This may be a very basic question, but I see you say different routers have been tried. Have you tested a different filter/cable between the socket and the router?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ardiff
Dabbler

Hi Chris. The router's into an Openreach-fitted filtered faceplate, but I have tried swapping cables between it and the router to no avail.
Chris
Legend

I see there's an engineer booked for today, fingers crossed they can detect and fix the issue.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ardiff
Dabbler

Openreach have now fixed a hard fault on my line and my router stats look very promising. However, I'm not seeing the benefit in actual throughput. Please will somebody check if there are restrictions on my line and have them removed if there are? Thanks.
Chris
Legend

Checking now, will report back shortly.
Chris
Legend

I've set the profile on our side to where it should be, however at the moment the BT IP Profile is still showing at 500. Can you run the BT speedtester at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and complete the 'further diagnostics' section to see what that profile is set at?
ardiff
Dabbler

Hi Chris. I've never succeeded in getting further diagnostics to run. I always get the message "The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider." Is there another way I can check?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

It looks like the profile on our suppliers systems might be stuck.
Leave it with me.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team