Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Line Speed Profile change?

theograham1612
Grafter

Re: Current Line Speed Profile change?

Hi Linn,
Thanks for the reply, here's hoping the next 20 days fly in, but in fairness I don't expect fibre till April.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Let's hope it's sooner than that! The relevant FTTC team will be monitoring this once it comes off hold at the beginning of March and they will be making the arrangments for the expedited engineers appointment as soon as the issue at the cabinet is confirmed to be resolved.
I hope this is sorted for you soon so that you can start enjoying the FTTC speeds Smiley Like I said, I waited 9 months after I saw that my exchange was FTTC enabled before my cabinet was enabled as well. It was well worth the wait though Wink
theograham1612
Grafter

Wow 9 months, I don't think I could last that long in all fairness. I know about the engineer that I'll be able to get an engineer faster because of all the trouble.
One more question before you finish today and go home to enjoy fibre optic speeds of awesome  Smiley
Is there any benefit of me having the Pro plan to reduce ping times?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

To be fair I was getting about 12Mbps downstream on ADSL2+ anyways so I wasn't "desperate" for FTTC but now that I've got it I'd be sad if I lost it!
In response to your last question my answer would be no, there wouldn't be any benefit of you having the Pro plan.
theograham1612
Grafter

Hey Linn,
Thanks for getting back to me.
I get between 8.5 and 10Mb but I think I caused the router to go to 8.5Mb so I'm just waiting for the DLM to realise that and put me back up.
How much of a boost did you get to your speeds?
Am I wasting money having the Pro option then?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Considering you're on the new Unlimited package you wouldn't really benefit from having the Pro add on.
You can have a look here and compare yourself: http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp2.php
We also have a guide here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/traffic_management.shtml
Hope this clears things up for you Smiley
theograham1612
Grafter

Thanks Linn for clearing that up, the only benefit I get is for P2P but since I only use that at night when I'm doing nothing else I can't see any problem if I cancel the add on, do you?
If not could you cancel it for me please
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

There shouldn't be any issues that I can see.
I've removed the Pro Add on for you.
theograham1612
Grafter

Thanks Chris  Smiley