cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Internet Speed Query - Also Phone Line

CRhodey

Current Internet Speed Query - Also Phone Line

Hi,

Currently my internet speed is significantly lower than what was advertised as 'expected' by PlusNet.

At approx 1-3mb (with an advertised of 6.5Mb - 14Mb).

In addition to this I have been unable to confirm expected line speeds at the link below:

http://dslchecker.bt.com/

This simply remarks that no data is available for my listed phone number.

Please let me know if there is anything you can suggest or anythign to help me out with the two problems above.

Many thanks,

Callum

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Current Internet Speed Query - Also Phone Line

Hi Callum,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Is this  a new phone number / one ported in from Talk Talk or Sky?  If yes it might take a little while for the dsl checker to acquire knowledge of the number.  Can we please cover off some of the basics first...

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

How is your line performing?

Please post your router stats; for PN TG582n and 2704n routers use the buttons below, for other routers look at the Kitz link.

Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router!

Also find your CURRENT SPEED (PlusNet line profile) from the PlusNet user portal - you will need to log in.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.