cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating 50 aliases

tonycollinet
Grafter

Creating 50 aliases

I'm finally getting round to transferring my email from freeserve to plusnet (to lose the aprox 1000 spam messages my filters are dealing with daily)
I have about 50 email addresses I use (one for each website/shop I use) which I want to create aliases for (so I can blackhole everything else)
Is there an easy way of doing this from a list - or must I enter each one as click - type name, click confirm - with a short delay between each?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Creating 50 aliases

Hi there,
I'm almost 100% certain that this used to be possible via .csv upload but I'm struggling to find that functionality at the moment.  Huh
I'll do some more digging.
Edit: Found it. It's a feature our CSC staff have access to here. I'm afraid it can only be used for mailboxes though and not aliases.  Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

pdavidson
Grafter

I would suggest that you switch on your catchall as a temporary measure - leaving this on is not always advisable due to the possible increase in Spam that it can cause. This will mean that you won't lose any mail and you can take your time setting up the aliases.
Once you have all of the aliases you need you can switch off the catchall.
I know this doesn't really help to speed up the creation of the aliases but it's a safe workaround that will mean you don't have to set them all up in a single session!
tonycollinet
Grafter

Thanks for the replies - looks like a manual process then. It won't take that long, it's just frustrating knowing I've got a list of all I want which I could just paste somewhere if the facility was there.
No problems with the catchall. I will setup all the aliases before migrating my emails from freeserve.