cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy 3000ms Latency!

davido140

Crazy 3000ms Latency!

This seemed to start yesterday evening, so I left it for a bit, woke up early and it's still doing it.

Spent an hour or two doing the usual things. Turn off all the computers, rebooting router, checking cables and microfilter. All seems fine.

In fact, if I disconnect the ADSL from the Plusnet Router Web Interface, then reconnect, the latency is fine! for about 5 seconds when it shoots straight back to 2890+ ms! 

I initially thought that there was a computer hogging all the bandwidth, but everything is off other than the one computer I'm using. This one is definitely fine, as it would be causing the same issue on the 4G router I'm using now.

Any ideas on what to try next?

I'll attach a pic of the "post reboot" latency climb!

ETA, forgot to mention, it's not WiFi, wired or wireless it's all the same!

2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Crazy 3000ms Latency!

Hi there,

From what I can see, it looks like your upload is being rinsed for a connection of your standard, which is in turn causing the higher levels of latency.

1477308586-580df0aa4d0fb

It might be worth investigating what the surfing habits were at the time - are you still having issues?

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
davido140

Re: Crazy 3000ms Latency!

Thanks for checking Matty!

Wow, that'll do it! No wonder it was broken.

It's all back to normal since Sunday morning, so whatever it was, has stopped. I had thought I had everything turned off other than the one latpop, I must have missed something! 

Thanks again!