cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple of noob questions...

goodguyglenn

Couple of noob questions...

HI there
I used to be on o2 broadband and could d/load consistently at 1.6 Mbs per second, but now with PlusNet I can only get about 0.3 to 0.4Mbps on a good day. Should there be such a big difference between the same line with two different providers?
Secondly, I assume this would be joined with the 1st question, is that when I am online with XBOX live, whenever I play games, they seem to lag terribly, so my footballer in Fifa decide to throw in that last ditch tackle about five seconds after their striker has finished celebrating his goal.
I have never gone over my allowed 60gb download allowance, and have checked all the wires and filters as I have spares for each. Plus I am using the wired box from Plusnet itself, so should I really be getting such slow speeds when even the speedchecker etc say I should be gettting 6-7 Mbps speeds?
Any answers in plain English would be greatfully received.
Thanks!!
Glenn Crazy
2 REPLIES 2
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Couple of noob questions...

HI goodguyglenn,
Sounds like you have a few issues going on there. I'm going to take a look and see what I can find out for you.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Couple of noob questions...

Hi goodguyglenn,
I think your line has the potential to be really fast. Have a look here for some troubleshooting tips. Particularly the bit about the test socket. Are you using an extension cable/socket at the moment?
Jojo Smiley