cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Country "US" for ip "146.199.61.253" has been blocked

Glynrhedyn

Country "US" for ip "146.199.61.253" has been blocked

I get the error message above when I try to access my account on one website. This has only happened since I recently returned from holiday, before I went away I had no issues. Has anyone else ever experienced something like this? I am using a PC with Windows 10 if that helps and have Fibre broadband.

I did Google the ip address above and it clearly states Plusnet UK - https://db-ip.com/146.199.61.253

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Country "US" for ip "146.199.61.253" has been blocked

38 pages worth here!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

This usually means the site you are trying to access is using an out-of-date geo-location service.The only way I can think of to resolve the problem is to contact them directly and ask them to update their data, but maybe @bobpullen could help?

Edit : @Browni beat me to it.Smiley

John
Glynrhedyn

This was their response -

"Please be advised to contact your internet provider regarding this issue. They will be able to advice you further on this. Having checked your IP address it seems like you are located in California, USA. You can check that following this link.
I apologise for the inconvenience."

I have since discovered a second website which I cannot access for the same reason (my IP is US based) so maybe there is something in that one CA reference in the link that is the issue. How can this be resolved?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from link in a public forum.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@Glynrhedyn As has been said before, that site is using way out-of-date information, and it is up to THEM, not PN, to resolve the issue. They are dodging their responsibility.

@bobpullen can you help -please?

John
Glynrhedyn

Live Chat on here has confirmed this can happen but the turn off router fix has to be for a period of 90 minutes so I will try this later when I go out.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

If you're on a dynamic IP, that will just give you a chance of reconnecting on a new IP.

Could you confirm what sites you're having problems accessing please (Feel free to PM Me if you prefer)

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

"Please be advised to contact your internet provider regarding this issue. They will be able to advice you further on this. Having checked your IP address it seems like you are located in California, USA. You can check that following this link.
I apologise for the inconvenience."

The site provided you with incorrect information. You can check the maxmind database yourself by putting your IP address at the end of this url

Maxmind

Checking your last IP address does show it as correctly geo-located within the UK.

As @HarryB said, if you PM him the details of the website that is incorrectly geolocating you, we can also attempt to contact them to explain the problem to them.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from link in a public forum.