Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could you raisemy snr level please?

richardhead
Grafter

Could you raisemy snr level please?

Good morning,
For the last few weeks my snr level is hovering around the 0 - 0.5 level and i think this is causing the random disconnections.
I was getting them a few months ago but they seemed to have eased off up until now.
I don't want it raised to much as i would lose a lot of speed, and i am using a billion 7800n which can handle low db of around 2 - 3db anyway.
Thank you very much!.
8 REPLIES 8
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Could you raisemy snr level please?

Crikey that's way too low. I'm doing a few line tests now to see if there are any faults seen. If not, I'll get it sorted for you with the aid of an SNR change.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

If you've not seen a change in a few hours, please post back.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
richardhead
Grafter

Quote from: plusnettony
Crikey that's way too low. I'm doing a few line tests now to see if there are any faults seen. If not, I'll get it sorted for you with the aid of an SNR change.

Hahaha, yeah it has taken me by surprise to. I am currently at 0.8, but will keep a watch and see if it changes. Thanks mate!.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I changed the target 3db on the downstream, I'd prefer 6db normally, and it still maybe worth changing to 6 ... we'll see how it goes before I make any more changes.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
richardhead
Grafter

Hello again Tony
The snr has inded increased to 3db and all good so far thanks. If the connection deteriorates i will get in contact again.
Thanks once again!.
mwarby
Grafter

I'm kinda surprised BT wholesale let the SNR get below 1dB on a resync, I thought 6dB(target) was as low as it went without hacking/tweaking the modem
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

nope - it often goes down to 3dB on a good line on ADSL2+
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I've just checked it again, and it's still showing at 3db, and the line has been stable overnight.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team