cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could we be back on time for fttc

amcclean
Rising Star

Could we be back on time for fttc

Our original FTTC date was end of Sept 2012 but changed a few weeks ago to be Dec 2012. Particularly gutted after reading about the new 76mb service.
Last week Fijitsu were working locally, apparently for V.Media, and now our local box has street works for BT planned for 21st to 24th Sept.
http://www.roadworksscotland.org/MapSearch.aspx?lat=55.8140773863&lng=-4.1515004831 (Hamilton Crescent)
Is it possible we may get FTTC closer to the original date. The barriers up around the only place a new cab could be placed.
podman
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Could we be back on time for fttc

I think it would be optimistic to assume street works towards the end of September would mean the cabinet is equipped, commissioned and available by the end of that month. However there's probably a good chance that this will happen sometime in the last quarter of the year - even if a change to March 2013 in the "official date" occurs in the meantime. Smiley
David
amcclean
Rising Star

Will be driving the long way around into the estate to keep an eye on progress 🙂
Trevor
Grafter

We are also scheduled for end September, and our cabinet was installed back in June. Admittedly it was initially only connected to the electricity pole by blue string but in the last few weeks this has been upgraded to real cable. All we need now is the fibre itself. I would imagine that BT have a standard sequence of actions leading up to launching the service but I have no idea what it is. My guess would be the same as spraxyt's - you may get it by Christmas.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Best bet for checking is to put your phone number into http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome - when this offers a fibre estimate you should be fine to order.
Apologies if you were aware already, but hope it helps.