cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could the end be insight ??????

Deadonaslab
Grafter

Could the end be insight ??????

After having a boost engineer out to the house I have my internet connection back after 10 days of not having a connection. I wont tell a lie its been hell without it I still have slow speeds  but  that was an on going problem for a month before I lost my connection  but hopefully that will sort itself out over the next couple of days when my line becomes stable again. fingers crossed because I am sick of hearing pulp embrace and the way to Amarillo  Grin
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Could the end be insight ??????

Good news then!
FTTC or ADSL?  If the latter can you please post a full set of stats so that we can see how the line is doing please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Deadonaslab
Grafter

It's ADSL  I am away the now but I ran a BT wholesale test earlier today and it didn't work but I have ransome speed tests through the dayand noticed my ping up and down at about 6 pm I done just a quick speed test  I was getting 1.9 meg which I wasn't getting anywhere near at the same time before I lost my internet connection 10 days ago I noticed my  ping was more stable around a hundred  What programme is the best to test the line and get accurate  results.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Frankly I find data speed tests nefarious at the best of times - they are completely predicated on synch speed and error rates, which in the case of the TG582n router can be found here - http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/dsl/dt/?be=0&l0=2&l1=0
After that data speed is a function of the exchange capacity and the target service.  If I do look at data speeds I use the BT Wholesale site or that at Think broadband here - http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html?utm_source=mainsite&utm_medium=navigation&utm_campaign=...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Deadonaslab
Grafter

I will be back tomorrow morning I will run some tests in the morning and post them