Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could someoen help me check my line please

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Could someoen help me check my line please

@jelv Thanks for the link
@maximod, yes, the exchange should be re-classified, but OFCOM have said they are only doing so every 3 years - idiots. & sorry I had forgotten about your PM, had too many balls in the air this week.
@BorgWales
Nobody will be expecting you to buy another modem/router - I'll come back to you on that GetNet.
Do you mind telling me the name of your exchange?
BorgWales
Grafter

Aberystwyth
Anotherone
Champion

Yet another Market 1 exchange that needs reclassifying  Roll_eyes
That link that jelv provided doesn't show ADSL24 in a particularly good light. Oh well.
The GetNet has quite a few mixed reviews. Have you got  your's set up in any special way (port forwarding etc). If not, or if your settings are easy to redo, I'd be inclined to do a factory reset on it and re-enter you Plusnet connection details and password.
Can you then post some more stats?
BorgWales
Grafter

OK will do.
BorgWales
Grafter

Mode ADSL2+
Latency Interleave
Trellis Coding Enable
Status SHOWTIME.L0
Power Level L0
Uptime 00:57:01

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (dB) 5.6 6.1
Attenuation (dB) 42.0 23.0
Output Power (dBm) 20.0 12.5
Attainable Rate (Kbps) 7592 1080
Rate (Kbps) 6642 1079
K (number of bytes in DMT frame) 207 25
R (number of check bytes in RS code word) 14 4
S (RS code word size in DMT frame) 0.99 5.89
D (interleaver depth) 32 4
Delay (msec) 7.97 5.89
FEC 211611 196631
CRC 81 196611
Total ES 34 2
Total SES 0 0
Total UAS 0 0
Anotherone
Champion

Apart from the speed and the errors, the stats look pretty much as they should. I presume that is still plugged into the Test Socket?
The disadvantage of a new sync at that time of night is there is a lot more noise about, so the connection speed will be lower. The error rate as well as your slower speed suggests an issue with line noise - (which your neighbour doesn't appear to have) - you ought to be able to achieve about 8Mbps if your line was good.
When you login to the modem/router, somewhere you should see a section referring to your Internet PPP session showing as "Connected" with a clickable button marked "Disconnect", probably on the Status tab. It's not clear from the manual exactly where this is but section 5.3. states -
5.3   Status
This page displays the ADSL modem/router's current status and settings. This information is read only except for the PPPoE/PPPoA channel for which user can connect/disconnect the channel on demand. Click the "Refresh" button to update the status function buttons in this page:
OK this is the connect/disconnect that we want. If you click disconnect this drops the channel (the PPP Internet session) not the sync. You may have to click refresh to see that change. Once it is disconnected, you can power down the modem/router.
This procedure helps to stop the exchange equipment (DLM) thinking you had a dropped connection (which will add to any existing drop problem!).
Wait about 10 minutes before powering up again, you will probably need to go to the status page and click on Connect to re-establish the PPP session (it may have done it automatically).
If you do this late morning/early afternoon you'll hopefully sync at the best speed for your current line conditions. Once you've done that post another full set of stats. and then leave the modem/router on 24/7 (for several days at least) and post another set of full stats late this evening so we can compare daytime conditions with night-time conditions to see what this line is doing.
In future, use that disconnect and power down procedure any time you need to swap things about - filters, unplug from the line etc. (as I mentioned it helps prevent the DLM from thinking you've had a drop in connection).
You can also use that Disconnect/Connect without a power down to do a Gateway hop.