cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could a rep?

reserved
Grafter

Could a rep?

Could a rep have a look at this post please.
12 REPLIES 12
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Could a rep?

I've asked Matt to take a look at the MAAF forum as a whole today as I'm aware we've not given it as much attention as we should, sorry about that.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
reserved
Grafter

Looks as though Mand has beaten him to it!  Wink
Apprentice
Grafter

@ Chris,
Morning,
If you see Bob today could you ask him, when he's time, to check out the PMs sent to him ( Thinkbroadband)
There is not much point in using them if they can't be checked.
Thanks,
Chris
Legend

I'll ask him to take a look when he gets chance, unfortunately he hasn't had much chance to go on the forums in the last few days. As a side note, this is why we prefer forum threads rather than PMs as any of the team can pick the issue up then.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The problem is people PM information they wouldn't want to post on the forum such as user names.
Couldn't you create a user on the TBB forums called Comms Team that any of you could log in to? One to discuss with the TBB staff I think.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend

That's understandable Jelv, however if the initial post is made on the forum we can follow up by asking for details via PM etc.
reserved
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Couldn't you create a user on the TBB forums called Comms Team that any of you could log in to? One to discuss with the TBB staff I think.

I did suggest something similar to James before he fled the nest but he didn't think it was viable either.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

But then the poster sends the PM the following day by which time you've gone off for a week's holiday -> an unhappy user.
If they PM'd the team any of you could progress the issue.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Apprentice
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
I'll ask him to take a look when he gets chance, unfortunately he hasn't had much chance to go on the forums in the last few days. As a side note, this is why we prefer forum threads rather than PMs as any of the team can pick the issue up then.

Hi Chris,
I'm just this minute back home and have sent Bob a PM reply to his earlier PM reply to my original PM , so he will have to check again  Tongue  Smiley
BTW is there a message/private message system on this forum?
Your comment about using forum threads is understandable as PMs to an individual team member doesn't work so well as it did when there was only one person looking after the maaf forum.
Thanks,
reserved
Grafter

Quote from: Apprentice

BTW is there a message/private message system on this forum?
Thanks,

Hi Alastair,  Do you mean the "My Messages" at the top of this forum page. Or click on the members name on a post to bring up their profile & take it from there.
ps I've sent you a PM
pierre_pierre
Grafter

or simpler click this button under the persons avatar
Apprentice
Grafter

TAL guys for the info re. forum message system  Smiley