cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could I get a new router?

poshpaws

Could I get a new router?

I have a pretty ancient Thomson 585 router, from when I first joined Plusnet about 5-6 years ago. It drops out at least once a day, probably more but I only notice it more when I work from home. I discussed this with someone from Plusnet just as an aside to a different issue I was experiencing last year and they suggested moving channels, which I have done many times but the problem persists.
I was contemplating fibre but can't really afford it at the mo so I'd like a new 'normal' router if possible. Does anyone in the know if this IS possible, and do I need to sit on the phones for hours just to ask for one?
2 REPLIES 2
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Could I get a new router?

They are usually very good about this if you have been with them a while and intend to stay another 12 months. Ask on here or raise a ticket and you only usually pay about £6 postage.
AndyT
Grafter

Re: Could I get a new router?

Hi Poshpaws,
Welcome to the forum  Smiley
We are able to offer you a new router free of charge if you agree to sign up to a new 12 month contract, the only charge would be a one-off postage charge of £5.99.
Please let me know if you would like me to arrange this and I'll give you a call to take payment for the postage and arrange for the router to dispatched.  Alternatively, you can give our support teams a call at your convenience on 0800 432 0200 and they will sort everything out for you.
Thanks