Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contractor working on my cabinet for FTTC Installation

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Contractor working on my cabinet for FTTC Installation

Great news, the contractor had now start working on my cabinet 8 to be installing fibre cabinet tomorrow, then on sunday connection to the power installation. Expecting go live by end of March 2014. I had checked BT Wholesale Checker (still no metion of FTTC availability date or speed estimate yet)
15 REPLIES 15
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Contractor working on my cabinet for FTTC Installation

Mine says March 2014 when I put my number into the ADSL checker.
My exchange date got put back quite a few times, but now has finally gone from 'Coming Soon' to 'Accepting Orders'. I've seen a fibre cab appear a couple of streets down from me, but nothing closer - I assume the fact my number is listed is a good sign and they are intending to install a cabinet near me soon.
I'll keep looking on a daily basis, and no doubt I'll be posting photos too. Hoping some digging occurs at the end of my road. Cheesy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Glad to see fibre rolling out to more and more areas Smiley 
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Yep it so strange that plusnet staff Chris say he can see my FTTC availability checker on their side but why it isn't showing on my end on BT Checker. Rather odd. I did try all different address on my street they showing up nothing (no FTTC) Maybe BT Wholesale had forgetten to put on the database.
Maybe Adam Walker can find out for me.
gofaster
Rising Star

If the installation is part of BDUK then it won't appear on the BTW checker.
Have you tried putting your post code into the openreach site http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/rural-broadband/
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

No, it not part of BDUK because Connecting Shropshire is part of BDUK are excluding Telford & Wrekin. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6178-why-telford-and-wrekin-opted-out-of-bduk.html
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Can Plusnet staff please ask bt why it not showing FTTC availability date or estimate speed yet? It's was there before but they removed it off for no reason. Got email from NGA and CEO Openreach say my FTTC will be ready for service in February 2014. But I don't understand there is nothing there on the BT Checker.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I had that problem a few days ago, when I put my phone number in I noticed the FTTC listing had disappeared (when it was previously there).
A few hours later it came back - maybe you have the same issue?
Must be something weird like BT updating their back end.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

It's quite annoyed. I don't like BT mess me around. They should leave it alone.

JamesM
Grafter

FTTC is enabled in my area, but not to my particular cab, which is annoying. There is another company who say my cab is enabled for FTTC which is even more annoying that BT will not supply FTTC from the same cabinet.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

This is cabinet 9 very neat, good pour concrete with bolts on it and good flat ready for Huawei FTTC (288 max)
http://postimg.org/image/athqq0kdf/
This is my cabinet 8 very bad ugly, no concrete pour yet and uneven flat and isn't ready for Huawei FTTC (288 max)
http://postimg.org/image/rkygv0v8j/
This is cabinet 9 for power connection cable to be installation later - very good dry area
http://postimg.org/image/h9qpg3swz/
This is my cabinet 8 for power connection cable to be installation later - very ugly with dirty flood water area
http://postimg.org/image/b15dmivc3/
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

New FTTC cabinet had arrived

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

My finally FTTC cabinet had been installed. They done the power connected this morning. Everything digged back. Now awaiting for openreach to do the final meter test and line cards installed.

narrowgauge
Hooked

Quote from: goldenadsl
Great news, the contractor had now start working on my cabinet 8 to be installing fibre cabinet tomorrow, then on sunday connection to the power installation. Expecting go live by end of March 2014. I had checked BT Wholesale Checker (still no metion of FTTC availability date or speed estimate yet)

Don't hold your breath. 'My' cabinet installation was completed in July and it still hasn't gone live. The BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER availability date has been changed five times and is currently 31 December. I'll believe it when it happens. Sad
narrowgauge
Hooked

Quote from: narrowgauge
Don't hold your breath. 'My' cabinet installation was completed in July and it still hasn't gone live. The BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER availability date has been changed five times and is currently 31 December. I'll believe it when it happens. Sad

Thought so. Availability date now set to 31st March.