Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Help!

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Contract Help!

The main issue is interleaving. As long as you understand the risks (and benefits) from removing this, I'm happy to make the change.
Moving the upstream SNR is unlikely to increase your upstream, which is the maximum.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
mlmclaren
Grafter

Well my idea connection would be
3db snr on both downstream and upstream and interleaving off and then seeing how the connection copes like that, The engineer from Openreach said my line was good and I would agree so this would be the ultimate test.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Putting the SNR down to 3db will either cause problems with your connection, or it will rocket back to to 12/15db. Your downstream SNR being on 3db is a risk.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
mlmclaren
Grafter

Well if any of those thing happen then it can be set back to 6 again, the connection has been rubbish for the last week or two so migh as well try getting the best out of it before stabilising it
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

A couple of things that I should have mentioned previously -
1) I want to ensure your line is stable for a few days before making changes (so I'd like to wait a few days)
2) I can only do SNR changes once every ten days, so I need ensure everything is set correctly so as to avoid making things worse.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
mlmclaren
Grafter

OK, Fair enough  Smiley
Hows the line looking so far?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: mlmclaren
...migh as well try getting the best out of it before stabilising it

Err no - you get it stable at 6dB and then try tweaking.  If it is only stable with a target SNRM above 6dB one asks why.  If it remains stable below 6dB then it is a bonus.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mlmclaren
Grafter

OK, It was stable at 6db already and only gained SNR and not lose it in the Evenings hence my wanting to try the 3db target
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's not looking overly stable at the moment, let me do a quick test (it'll probably knock you offline for a few minutes) and see what that shows.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mlmclaren
Grafter

I have been restarting the router lately so that will be all the drops
Chris
Legend

OK, just keep in mind that we can't reset the SNR for 10 days after I place this order!
It should take effect within the next few minutes.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mlmclaren
Grafter

OK!
To confirm, you are change the target SNR for both downstream and upstream to 3db and changing my interleaving to fast path?
Chris
Legend

In fact, I can't do this. I've just tried but it got rejected as the last SNR reset only happened 8 days ago.
The reset I was doing would have reset your downstream SNR target to 3db. The lowest we can set the upstream to is 6db. If you wanted me to remove interleaving this needs to be done separately.
We'll need to take another look on Friday. Can you leave the router powered up and plugged in so we can see that it is stable over the next 2 days?
mlmclaren
Grafter

Oh OK Thanks for trying,
Well on Friday set Downstream to 3db and upstream to 6db ..
Can you do the change for the interleaving or do I need to submit a separate ticket?
Chris
Legend

Don't worry about submitting a ticket. I'll do the reset and place the interleaving orders on Friday.