cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuing email problems

thompsontroop

Continuing email problems

I am still experiencing problems receiving re-directed mail from an old ISP. It is for live email accounts but for which I still receive mail and I need to get hold of it but the connection keeps timing out before the mail has downloaded to your servers. When will it be fixed?
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Continuing email problems

Hi there,
I'm not 100% sure what your problem is. How is the mail redirected and who through?
Am I correct that you're redirecting mail /from/ an old ISP /to/ a Force9 address?
What happens when somebody tries sending an email to the address or is it problems logging onto our server to retrieve the messages that you're having difficulty with? If it's the latter then how are you trying to collect the email? Using Webmail or a standalone mail client like Outlook?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

thompsontroop

I have email accounts with virgin.net which I receive using my plus.net braodband connection. I also use Mailwasher to view the messages before downloading them to my PC so that I can eliminate spam and messages that look like they might have viruses attached. From Mailwasher I then download the messages to Outlook. It is when running Mailwasher, when the plus.net server attempts to connect to the virgin.net server that I seem to have problems, with it saying that the connection has timed out or the network is down (when it isn't at my end). The problem does seem to have settled down over the past couple of days though.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Increasing the Server Timeout setting in Outlook (More Settings/Advanced tab in OL2003) for the relevant email account might help.  I use values larger than the default for access to external servers.
David