cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact nightmare

serenfach
Dabbler

Contact nightmare

I have been waiting for an update on a ticket for a week now, OK, not that long, except they said 72 hours.  I have tried adding to the ticket, chat and phoning.  The phone is not answered and the ticket is ignored.  Chat starts  (you are 58 in the queue) and so I go and do something else to come back to find it has droppd completely. 

This is what the ticket is about - I am getting "server not found" every few minutes, which in effect means I cannot use the Internet.  So how would you guys recommend I actually contact Plusnet - send them a letter?

My speeds are 0.5 download and 0.3 upload, but as it loses the server all the time, it does not really matter. 

I am a tad frustrated!  Any hints?

9 REPLIES 9
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Contact nightmare

Last time I wanted to make contact with a potential 50 minute delay, I pressed the button for "new customer" and only had to wait ten minutes! Have to say, its not like it used to be. Sad

serenfach
Dabbler

Thanks TeeGee - I will keep struggling to get through, but as for that "award winning service" - it makes you wonder who else was in competition!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@serenfach Welcome to the community forums.

Sorry to hear of the poor speeds you're experiencing, unfortunately it looks like part of this could be due to the capabilities of your line as your speed estimates range from 1Mbps to 3.5Mbps, although I do appreciate you currently appear to be below this.

I'd recommend going through our troubleshooting guide and if you continue to experience problems after this, it would be best to raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net so we can investigate this further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
serenfach
Dabbler

Thank you for your reply.  My line will actually go up to 1.2mg according to BT, as there is aluminium somewhere.  I have been through the troubleshooter and reset the DNS etc, but this morning I actually had a speed of 0.19. Apparently I am not in Sync (story of my life!) or something.  BT have been and tested my line a week ago, I am just waiting for Plusnet to get back to me....and waiting...and waiting....

Maybe they have the same speed as me!

SELVIN211

Having the same issues, very hard to get in touch with them.

it may be because of these:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/09/09/plusnet_internet_outage/
https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2016/09/plusnet_unusable_amidst_ongoing_network_upgrades/

so they are quite busy answering all customers affected.

serenfach
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply.  Hopefully when the upgrades have been completed, the poor bods on the end of the phones can breath again, and be available to sort out our problems.

One thing I have learned is not to put two faults in one request.  One has been sorted and the other ignored!

hazelh1

We're also experiencing problems contacting support, online chat service has been suspended and telephone waits are up to 50 mins.

We also live in an area where there is a persistent problem with poor quality BT telephone - again there is aluminium somehere in the telephone link to the exchange 2 miles away. Village is infamous amongst Open Reach engineers who are called out every time a thunderstorm causes internet to go down.

Currently my bt speedtest is showing Download Speed of 0.18 and upload speed of 0.00! Can't get through to Plusnet to find out if this is part of wider problem or specific to this line- and what is being done about it

bin
Aspiring Pro

This may not be the right place to say this, but if you've aluminum in your line then you know you'll have problems no matter who your ISP may be.

May I suggest that it would be worth contacting your MP - not to get at PlusNet but to get BT>OpenReach to sort that out.

After all, without Broadband you cannot tax your car on line, you cannot do your tax return on line, and if on-line voting arrives, well, what's a good voter going to do?????................. I'm not trying to muddy the waters here, and I know PN have got their own problems right now, but successive governments have been banging on about hi-speed broadband blah blah blah - so drop your MP a line and ask them to put pressure on BT - you never know, it might work.

serenfach
Dabbler

Thank you for your reply bin.  I know the aluminium causes problems for any provider and am waiting for FTTP.  I have been promised this for the last 3 and a half years, and am still waiting.

My MP has been here and tried to use the internet, and has seen the problem.  He tried to phone but there is no mobile signal here. I have written to Openreach and received a reply in very bad English that did not say anything.  I have written to the head of Communications here in Wales and been promised FTTP by "late summer" which has now slipped to "early autumn".

I typed all this before but, as usual, my connection dropped (it drops over 30 times a day) and I raised this back in August with a ticket.  Nothing done...

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Duplicate post removed.