Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly losing my connection

Boomski
Hooked

Constantly losing my connection

Hi, 

I used this community last year when I was a new customer and was helped in a manner much better than my previous provider and couldn't be more grateful.

For the past year everything has been perfect until recently. My devices at home are taking forever to load things such as google search results, simple music downloads that usually take seconds are taking up to 20 minutes and sometimes failing, I am a music producer and often download large audio files and these are taking far too long in comparison to previous months. We stream alot at home and have had problems loading youtube, netflix, prime videos etc, any time one of us are using netflix etc we are having to ask others in the house not to connect to anything. I have the understanding that my usage is unlimited and feel like I am being throttled in ways that previous ISPs have done. 

Online games on our phones or tablets are always disconnecting, and recent speed tests are showing around 1mb and getting errors on the upload speeds. Can anyone please help as I my wife and kids driving me nuts complaining about this?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Constantly losing my connection

Hi there @Boomski, I'm really sorry for the issues that you've recently started having, I can certainly that there have been some disconnections occurring.

I've tested the line this evening and this is picking up a potential fault; it's likely we'll need an engineer to progress this.

Can you have a run through our troubleshooting guides here and get your router connected into your test socket. Once done, if the issue is still occurring please raise this as a fault here. If you drop us a message on here once you've done this, we'll pick this up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Boomski
Hooked

Hi @LaurenB  

Thanks for your reply, I have tried everything and still seem to be getting problems. I have raised the fault ticket for you.

Thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for raising the fault @Boomski

We've picked that up for you and updated the fault with the next steps.

If you can let us know once you've responded we'll get it picked up again

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Boomski
Hooked

Hi I accidentally closed the raised fault. And opened another. Any time is fine for me as there is always someone home.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @Boomski.

I'm afraid we can't take the appointment times over the forum.

Can you update the new fault ticket you've raised here with the details then post back again once you've done so?

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Boomski
Hooked

hi, Ive replied, can you let me know when I will get a response. Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the heads up that you've replied to the ticket.

I've booked you in for an engineer visit tomorrow morning.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet