cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant drops in connection

the1goatboy
Dabbler

Constant drops in connection

Ok so setting aside the absolute nightmare I had just signing up with plusnet, let's put that horrible ordeal behind us.

Now I've been having constant drops in my connection. After three phone calls to plusnet, over two and a half hours on the phone, a new router and three different ideas as to what's potentially going wrong I'm finally going to get an engineer out.
But that's a "3-5 days" wait.

Now hold up a second.... Tonight I didn't sign into my router leaving it as setup@plusdsl.net and although I can't connect to the WiFi or visit any websites I have been able to game uninterrupted for the first time since joining you. Could it be plusnet have made an error in my details which is constantly shutting my router down?

I never had a problem before with TalkTalk or BT. And I hardly think that the line has broken from changing one providers router to another, yours.

I don't want to stop the engineer from coming if it will fix the issue, I just personally can't see it resolving the problem.

This is what happens. The router goes into melt down, power light flashes orange or is permanently orange, broadband light turns red or flashes red or goes off but still no connection. It happens constantly can be twice an hour can be every hour or so but it always takes 20 minutes of messing to get back on.

The first time it happened I lost a hardcore character with over 600 hours of play, lucky it wasn't my main or I probably would have hunted down and sacrificed every one of plusnet staff first born. (I try to joke to ease the agony I feel inside about losing my mage).

Anyway why has it stayed on with no probs not logged in but still on setup@plusdsl.net?

Kind regards

Still crying inside
26 REPLIES 26
the1goatboy
Dabbler

Re: Constant drops in connection

Sorry when I say uninterrupted for the night I mean from around 10pm (the last time it dropped) to about 2am. I haven't had a run that long without a drop in connection.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to the community forums @the1goatboy

Sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems

Could it be plusnet have made an error in my details which is constantly shutting my router down?

Using the setup username in place of your own username is unlikely to be causing the issues you're seeing.

I never had a problem before with TalkTalk or BT. And I hardly think that the line has broken from changing one providers router to another, yours.

TalkTalk generally use their own equipment in the exchange, whereas we use BT Wholesale equipment. It could also be that your fibre service is provisioned on a different port compared to when you were with BT Retail.

Additionally, worth noting that faults can happen at any point in time I'm afraid.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Sad

We'll need to an engineer visit to further investigate. I'll update the fault ticket on your account soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
the1goatboy
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Gandalf (good name BTW) I was concerned I may have overstepped the mark with my humour and no one would reply.

OK I shall wait for the engineer.
I do find it funny that it hadn't crashed once that I know about from 10pm last night to 12:30pm today when not signed in. That's the longest it's ever gone, normally I'm lucky to get an hour ecstatic to get two hours lol.

Anyway signed in now so let's see if it crashes.

Again thanks for the reply.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the reply Gandalf (good name BTW) I was concerned I may have overstepped the mark with my humour and no one would reply.

Cheers, surprisingly it took me ages to come up with it.

The first time it happened I lost a hardcore character with over 600 hours of play, lucky it wasn't my main or I probably would have hunted down and sacrificed every one of plusnet staff first born. (I try to joke to ease the agony I feel inside about losing my mage).

You play World of Warcraft?

I've booked the engineer visit in for Monday AM.

I hope things are resolved then.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
the1goatboy
Dabbler

Legend.

And no not any more not since it was capped at lvl 60 lol.
I was playing Diablo when I lost my mage, I also play a few other games and have my own clan on WOT. I have a pretty stressful job and need the gaming as my escape from reality.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah I remember those days, epic days.

Not played much of Diablo myself. I've recently started playing WoW again, leveling up a warlock.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
the1goatboy
Dabbler

Warlock?? I've heard there are so many new classes now, I remember when the brought the Paladin on WOW lol. Showing my age now.

Diablo is OK, it's not wow that's for sure but it's OK. It can be a bit monotonous but if you've got a few games to rotate through its alright.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah they've brought out so many new classes and expansions since I first started 2 years after the game was released as I was finishing A levels (I'm sure you can work out my age from there!) Used to do a lot of epic all nighters with friends.

My mains back in the day were a Tauren Hunter and Blood Elf Paladin, though I've sampled quite a few others, they were my favourite. Never really tried a warlock before but it's really good fun.

Played a bit of Diablo in the past, but yeah couldn't get immensely into it. Might give it another go later.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
the1goatboy
Dabbler

Well, I'm not sure what to write....

I want to say how [-Censored-] off I am with Plusnet but everyone I have actually spoken to either on the phone or online has been lovely.

It's a real shame, I've had the worst actual service coupled with great customer service. If only someone could have figured out the problem and resolved it!!!!!

Absolutely and totally broken me this has, a whole month of stress and anger and I'm about to be billed for that privilege.

As agreed by yourselves I'm leaving Pusnet, wish I wasn't, wish you would have fixed the problem and I could just be.

I'm still positive it's a simple fix, two things aren't talking to each other, or some addresses are inconsistent. But hey I'm not a techy guy, but i know it was fine before Plusnet and i very much doubt I've had two faulty routers, two different engineers have said my line is fine, so that only leaves software right?

Anyway.... what else is there to say? Just you really dropped the ball on this guys, one very very [-Censored-]ed off customer that will be expressing his feelings on the matter to his friends and colleagues. Set aside the original "miss selling" (your words not mine) but the fact I had to pay a set up fee, a month up front and not another month for this service is the biggest joke.

Shame on you.

As i said nothing personal to all those i have spoken to.

The1GoatBoy

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

higgy1981
Rising Star

@the1goatboy when you switch, come back and tell us if your fault disappears with your new provider as i'll be doing the very same thing. Thanks Smiley

the1goatboy
Dabbler

Of course I will no problem, providing I can. I'm not sure if once I switch provider I'll be able to log in here and comment.
If I can I will 🙂
Mav
Fixes: 515

@the1goatboy

You should have no issues logging in to these fora after you have switched providors.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

the1goatboy
Dabbler

Have you guys done something?
I've had three days of uninterrupted net!

I've not had more than a few hours previously but for the last three days it's been great.?

If you have done something please let me know and I may consider cancelling my switch if I still have time to cancel. If not and "it's just sorted itself" then I probably won't risk staying.
higgy1981
Rising Star

I had 24 hours uninterrupted the other day, but last night it dropped every 2-3 minutes for hours. I would stick with the move, just in case!

Not hijacking your thread and i'm not changing my mind as my move happens in a week but I am interested what actually happens/can happen to a phone line, generally?

Nothing is happening in my house, the weather doesn't change and my dsl disconnects and reconnects every few minutes. It has to be external, surely?