cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant dropping of internet connection

Hanxbear
Grafter

Constant dropping of internet connection

I'm having intermittent drops of internet connection constantly - usually last for no more than 2 or 3 minutes at a time, but frustratuing none the less.
I've now had 4 already today.
Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
cedlor
Grafter

Re: Constant dropping of internet connection

May help if you say which area you live in - checked if any work going on in your exchange area.
Is your Phone ok  tried the quiet line test for noise.
Checked your wiring
Are you on ethernet or wireless
Can you post your router log and current stats
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

There were two drops yesterday but those aside the connection looks fine from here.

Are you connecting over wired or wireless?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: Hanxbear
I'm having intermittent drops of internet connection constantly - usually last for no more than 2 or 3 minutes at a time

EXACTLY what do you "see" which leads you to conclude that the internet has dropped?
There are a number of issues which can appear as though you have lost the internet connectivity, when in fact you have not.  The most frequent of which is a web browser reporting that the website cannot be reached.  Sometimes this is cause by DNS response failures - which is quite a different issue.
Next time this happens, go look at the light on the router - note their colour and condition (steady or flashing).  Also look at the router log for PPP session and / or xDSL down notifications.
I have seen situations where one internet session reports the internet to be "down" whilst another (on the same computer) works fine.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.