cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant dropouts

Emmodd
Hooked

Constant dropouts

This last week in particular I've noticed that throughout the day my internet is dropping out making working from home near impossible. Doing a speed test the results are often very slow and I'm told the wifi is also congested and unstable. I've tried changing the channel on the router and have also used a couple of WiFi analysers but no matter what channel my router says I'm on, the analysers are always saying I'm on channel 1 and so something isn't right. Please help.
5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Constant dropouts

@Emmodd I know you have posted in the ADSL board, but can you are on that and not FTTC, please - the advice other Community members can offer depends heavily on that information.

John
Emmodd
Hooked

Thanks for replying but I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're asking me to do.
jab1
Legend

OK. To make it simple - what download speed do you usually get? If you don't know how to answer that, then what router are you using?

EDIT: Looking at your previous posts you appear to be on ADSL, so I will post a guide to try and help a little later.

John
Emmodd
Hooked

Thank you. It was the wording of your original question that threw me - sorry.
jab1
Legend

@Emmodd Plusnet staff support, like the phone service, is still severely restricted. If you would like help from the community, a good starting point is to have a look at This post and supply as much detail from it as possible.

It would also be a good idea to carry out a 'Quiet Line Test' - dial 17070 from a (preferably corded) phone and select option 2 - there should be no discernable noise. If there is, report a phone fault first, as without a clear phone connection, your broadband will not perform correctly.

If you reply to this topic with as much detail as possible, there are plenty of experienced members who can advise on possible remedies.

Any problems/queries, just ask - I should be around most of today.

John